AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my plasma, but coming from an older Sony SXRD RPTV, I am very unhappy with the reflective glass front. It's supposed to be "anti-reflective" but is anything but -- I have no place in my room I can locate it that isn't going to show a window or some light very clearly.

Is there anything I can do about it? Some kind of film I can have applied or something?

·
Registered
825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeame /forum/post/18309502

I love my plasma, but coming from an older Sony SXRD RPTV, I am very unhappy with the reflective glass front. It's supposed to be "anti-reflective" but is anything but -- I have no place in my room I can locate it that isn't going to show a window or some light very clearly.

Is there anything I can do about it? Some kind of film I can have applied or something?

If you have a lot of windows, even the best of anti-reflective surfaces can only do so much. I've seen even Kuros get washed out in bright Best Buy stores with a lot of reflections. However the 2009 Panasonics did not have the greatest AR filter to begin with. You can either find a way to upgrade to a G20/G25, put some curtains up, or try angling the TV a little to minimize any light hitting it directly. I have big vertical blinds covering my backyard door and I'll angle the blinds so that light can get through, but not hit the TV directly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts