AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just bought my first HDTV, a 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma and so far, I'm loving it...although I have a few questions I hope can be answered here.

The first is break in. From what I've heard, break in helps prevent image retention and is best done in THX mode. Does that sound about right? Does it do anything else, or should I take any other precautions?

And I also have a concern...I've noticed that there is what looks like static or dots in the background of darker areas on the TV at times. It seems to change with different viewing settings, and is most noticeable in standard. I've done a bit of research and that seems to be normal, but some people say that their sets are defective and I'm worried that mine is as well. I was hoping someone could give me a bit of insight.

And could someone suggest any optimized viewing settings? I realize that a lot of these questions have probably already been answered in these forums, and I'm still browsing around, but I thought I would go ahead and ask in case I can't find anything. I appreciate any help I can get.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.