AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm new here, and I'm new to AV. That being said, I used I couldn't find any baseline settings for my new GT25 50". So, I used the calibration disc found here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496 to adjust the settings on my TV under THX mode. It only required slight adjustments while in that mode.

Picture Mode: THX

Contrast: 49

Brightness: 59

Color: 50

Sharpness: 5

Color Temp: Warm2

CATS: Off

Video NR: Off

Blur Reduction: Off

Mosquito NR: Off

Black Level: Light

Hopefully this helps some people get a baseline. Once I get a blue filter (well, choose one first), I'll make adjustments to RGB if needed. Or, if someone else has done that already, please post and I'll edit this post to include that info. If anyone has settings that they've found to be better, by all means share them here.

·
Registered
189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfrey0118 /forum/post/20258709

Any update? Did you calibrate RGB?

I'm a little puzzled what he means by adjusting RGB with a blue filter. I have adjusted my GT25 with the blue filter provided with the Disney WoW disc. His contrast/ brightness THX settings are spot on with mine. I use a PS3 for Blu-ray playback which seems to need a slight bolster in color:

Contrast 49

Brightness 59

Color 54

Tint -1

Sharpness 5

See how these work for you.

·
Registered
756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakdaripper /forum/post/20258757

I'm a little puzzled what he means by adjusting RGB with a blue filter. I have adjusted my GT25 with the blue filter provided with the Disney WoW disc. His contrast/ brightness THX settings are spot on with mine. I use a PS3 for Blu-ray playback which seems to need a slight bolster in color:

Contrast 49

Brightness 59

Color 54

Tint -1

Sharpness 5

See how these work for you.

Cool man, thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts