AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone so i plan on buying a new television pretty soon and have done my research which let me to narrow down my options to two tvs, The Panasonic GT30 50 inch or Samsung PN51d8000. My primary use will pretty much be gaming and watching movies. Thing is i really cant decided which television to get, can somebody help me decide which tv is best for the mentioned use?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtoon /forum/post/20840246

Hello everyone so i plan on buying a new television pretty soon and have done my research which let me to narrow down my options to two tvs, The Panasonic GT30 50 inch or Samsung PN51d8000. My primary use will pretty much be gaming and watching movies. Thing is i really cant decided which television to get, can somebody help me decide which tv is best for the mentioned use?

They are both very nice sets. Has your research included looking at them in the stores? Which one did you like best?

·
Registered
94 Posts
D8000. The 51 inchers don't have the peeling issue either. Honestly though, if I were you I'd save a little extra and get the 59D7000. The D7000 is almost exactly the same as the D8000 and the 59 set would give you much deeper blacks/contrast for an overall better PQ.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today i decided to go to best buy and oddly enough i found both set sitting right next to each other. I noticed that the Panasonic, when producing an all yellow image, it shows like a hint of green to it. I think that has something to do with the phophur trailing or something like that. The samsung displayed a pretty acurate yellow and seemed to have better color accuracy.

However, in exhange for better image acurracy. The samsung has an input lag of around 25ms while the panny has 18ms. Keep in mind that the primary use will be for gaming. Which set do you think has better image retention resistence?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really wish i could go with a 59 incher but dont have the space for it. The tv will be placed in a room and my view distance is around 12 feet away from tv. Going by Samsung chart, i should go with a 46 incher but the plasmas arent available in smaller size. LEDs kinda suffer from input lag when going above 32 inches so i dont think it would be a good idea to go LED for that reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.