AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My friend has bought me Panasonic HD Camcorder HC-V300M from Japan. The manual I got with it is only in Japanese.

I have now realised that it records Video only in "PAL" format and the Software Provided ( HD Write 4.0 AE ) only works with NTSC format. Can some one please help me explain how to change the settings on camcorder to "NTSC" ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Suresh.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
If the software and camera came in the same box, they should match. Maybe the software identifies the location of the computer and installs based on that.

I don't think a consumer can change the camera, so maybe you can re-install the software and tell it you are in Japan. That might make it load in a PAL version.

HD Writer is not necessary to get use from the camera. Lots of Panasonic customers never use it, especially if they own a Mac computer. So, if a re-install doesn't work, you may have to get some third party editing software. My first suggestion would be to try Adobe Premier Elements 10. I use it and can verify that it is full of "preset" for both NTSC and PAL media. You can download it for a month of free use. After that you will need to buy a copy for about $60.

Good luck!

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts