AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
It's probably very basic but I don't want to buy a 'version' that is different to what I expect. the uk version has 'EB'\'EBK' on the box and the european one 'E' - what is the camcorder difference? - panasonic uk say they don't know. I don't know if there are any more versions - I'm pulling my hair out trying to find out your help would be greatly valued. thank you

·
Registered
533 Posts
The camera runs on PAL 25/50 fps roughly. i.e. it suits the UK market. All the cameras have the same software and work in the same way. An 850 is an 850 but suited to the country you buy it in.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You would probably do well to download the User Manual from Panasonic Support.
I have the choice of 10 languages on my UK based 750 so the 850 may be the same.

Clearly the best choice is to buy the camera locally and you will have no concerns about global differences.

·
Registered
194 Posts
one difference could be the mains cord. but this should not affect how the camcorder work as long as you buy on the good side of the pond. ( I bought my used X900 on the other side, but got a UK plug)

·
Registered
533 Posts
one difference could be the mains cord. but this should not affect how the camcorder work as long as you buy on the good side of the pond. ( I bought my used X900 on the other side, but got a UK plug)
This should not be a problem as, I understand, the 850 will charge from a USB charger at 5V. I charge my 750 from a USB mains charger and a 12V car charger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts