AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.panasonic.net/avc/camcorder/hd/z10000/

Basically it's a couple of TM900 camcorders in a professional body that is capable of producing 3D images and shooting in 1080 60p 2D images. I believe it also shoots in native 24p unlike the TM900, has XLR inputs, 3 manual rings around the lens, nano surface coating (which is what Panasonic did to the new Micro Four Thirds powered zoom lenses), and Crystal Engine Pro 2 (TM900 has Crystal Engine 1). It'll cost $3,500 in November.

I wonder if this means Panasonic will release a successor to the HMC40 soon?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira
http://www.panasonic.net/avc/camcorder/hd/z10000/

Basically it's a couple of TM900 camcorders in a professional body that is capable of producing 3D images and shooting in 1080 60p 2D images. I believe it also shoots in native 24p unlike the TM900, has XLR inputs, 3 manual rings around the lens, nano surface coating (which is what Panasonic did to the new Micro Four Thirds powered zoom lenses), and Crystal Engine Pro 2 (TM900 has Crystal Engine 1). It'll cost $3,500 in November.

From what I understand, the Crystal Engine Pro 2 is just a faster engine to cope the the added workload that 3d brings. Not sure if it means there'll be any improvements over the 900 series in terms of noise etc

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I'm a fan of 3D. I think it is entertaining, have the TV, BD player, some movies in 3D, the glasses and two cameras that make 3D. I don't think 3D will take over the market anytime soon. It will only be a small part of our entertainment.

I also think marketing people are supposed to first listen, then respond with what the market wants. This camera appears to be created by somebody that didn't listen well.

I looked at Amazon and they list it at $3500. http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-HDC-...8515709&sr=1-1

Unlike their first 3D camera (SDT-750) you can't remove the goofy looking lens. With the Z10000 you are stuck with it all the time. Reading Amazon's description, there are some features that could have made a nice TM1000! Examples are 3 manual rings, twin XLR terminals, independent control buttons, user controlled buttons and a little more O.I.S for "roll" control.

I will be amazed if they sell very many of these! But, then they will never tell us will they.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sort of neutral when it comes to 3D because it's true that Panasonic could have made a successor of HMC40 with those features which would have been a more likely candidate than the successor of the TM900 when your talking the XLR inputs and 3 rings but I'm sure this camera will be extremely popular among a lot of people who might want to make 3D content professionally because it'll be the cheapest fully capable 3D camera with professional features.

The 3DA1 was released originally for $21,000 and is currently selling for $16,000 at B&H. It's basically a a couple of HMC40 camcorders with HD-SDI input. For a "consumer" version such as the Z10000 which has features that the 3DA1 doesn't have such as an extra ring and a more advanced lens for example, I'm sure it'll do pretty well at $3500.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira /forum/post/20901927

This is exactly what I am thinking about. I would want one as a regular 2D cam.

On the other hand, this may simply be an Asian "consumer" brother of a future American "pro" model, like the HDC-MDH1 and the AG-AC7.

The Z10^5 is about twice more expensive than the HMC40, so I don't think it is the direct replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.