AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you make a DVD-RAM Type 2 disk work in the Panny? I get a U11 error and cannot format using the HS2.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gidday, I'm still a bit new to this game but I will have a go, look at the U11 code trouble shooting in the manual page 87. OK you have done that, well what about the disk is it a well regarded brand and has it been pre-formatted? I am using the Panasonic RAM disk supplied with the unit and it works fine, I must admit though I can't see 'type 2' on the packaging.

Good luck, this is a great product and I am sure there is a simple fix.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Even with an unformatted disk (in a cartridge or not) it should prompt you to format rather than give a U-11 error.

A couple of possibilities: The HS2 has trouble reading/writing to the particular brand; An imperfection or some dirt on that disk.

If you're lucky, ejecting and reinserting the disk may be enough to get it to load.

David

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've been trying to find a way to burn a DVD-RAM on an external burner that will play in the HS2. I've tried pre-formatting in the HS2 as well as a variety of formatting options offered vis PC (UDF 1.5, UDF 2.0, FAT 32), but nothing has worked. Is it possible to do what I'm attempting? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.