AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, but have been looking through and all the information is fantastic. I am by no means an expert or technically savvy, but if I am spending a few thousand dollars on a television, I want to be getting something good.

I think that I want to ge the panasonic 50-6UY, but hav a few concerns. Is there the ability to capacity to display 720p through component or is it only through the pc input? Also, what are some good tuners/dvd players to get that would be simple to reproduce great pictures with (should i just use the cable tuner from comcast)? Thanks to everyone for all of the information.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drhp

I think that I want to ge the panasonic 50-6UY, but hav a few concerns. Is there the ability to capacity to display 720p through component or is it only through the pc input?

All Panasonic Commercial displays accept 720p through component.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info,

Would it be more worthshile to display the video through the component input, or get the DVI cable/adapter and use that?

·
Registered
188 Posts
There's nothing wrong with component. I'm using my 50PHD6UY via component for both DVD and HDTV and I have no complaints.

DVI provides some PQ benefits over component, but until DVI DVD players are more commonplace, I'm sticking with my component setup.

-Lance

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drhp
Thanks for the info,

Would it be more worthshile to display the video through the component input, or get the DVI cable/adapter and use that?
drhp,

DVI is optional on Panasonic Commercial Plasmas.

You'll need to buy the TY-42TM6D DVI Card and install on the free slot 1.

Before getting DVI read this thread about some issues with it:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=320429

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.