·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PANASONIC INTRODUCES FIVE NEW MODELS

IN EXPANDED DIGITAL LCD TELEVISION LINE

Four Widescreen 16:9 HD Models Feature Built-in

ATSC/NTSC/QAM Tuners And HDMI Inputs

LAS VEGAS, NV (January 4, 2006) ― Responding to the growing availability of HD content and increasing consumer awareness, Panasonic introduces an expanded array of HD LCD flat screen televisions in screen sizes of 32-inches, 26-inches and 23-inches (diagonal screen measurement) respectively. The line is comprised of five HDTV models:TC-32LX60, TC-26LX60, TC-23LX60 (Non-Digital Tuner), TC-32LX600 and TC-26LX600. The 600 series includes two HDMI inputs and a vivid mode that further improves color purity.

“Our 2006 line continues and improves upon our commitment to make 16:9 high definition more available to a broad consumer market, with screen sizes that meet market demands. We feel that in screen sizes 32-inches and lower, LCD flat screens are a terrific solution,†said Andrew Nelkin, Vice President for Panasonic’s Display Group. “The new LCD sets have a new cosmetic design and are even slimmer and more compact than last years. Also, the use of an advanced LCD AI results in improved contrast and superior picture quality.â€

The advanced LCD AI enhances picture contrast by increasing the gradation steps according to the displayed scene. Increased steps of gradation in white areas articulate minute differences for a realistic picture. Likewise, increased steps of gradation in dark areas enhance the sharpness and crispness in blacks. In addition, the HD sets’ picture brightness is rated at 500cd/m2 (32/26LX60, 32/26LX600). To further enhance the viewing experience, there is a new expanded IPS panel that provides additional benefits to the consumer by providing an expanded viewing angle of 178°.

The new models feature built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM tuners and have a display capability of 1366 x 768. All feature HDMI inputs with HDAVI-Control, a single cable that carries both digital video and audio at the same time, replacing a multitude of different A/V cables. The HDAVI Control function allows consumers to connect multiple components, such as the Panasonic LCD television, DIGA DVD recorder and Panasonic Home Theater Receiver, permitting the user to move away from multiple wires and remotes and control their components with a single operation.

Panasonic LCD TVs feature impressive pixel response speed, helping to ensure excellent detail and smooth motion during rapid image transitions. The sets also feature progressive scanning, helping to create a stable, solid image, free of interlaced artifacts.

In keeping with these units’ sleek, space-efficient design, the front-firing speakers are located underneath the display, allowing for flexible installation options even in small spaces.

2006 Panasonic LCD Televisions ― Model Summary

MODEL

FEATURES

AVAILABILITY

SRP*

TC-32LX60

32†diagonal

16:9 widescreen HDTV

720p, 1080i, 480p, 480i video in, HDMI with HDAVI Control, 1366 x 768 display capability

March, 2006

$1,799.95

TC-26LX60

26†diagonal

720p, 1080i, 480p, 480i video in HDMI with HDAVI Control, 1366 x 768 display capability

March, 2006

$1,399.95

TC-23LX60

23†diagonal

16:9 widescreen non-digital tuner 720p, 1080i, 480p, 480i video in HDMI with HDAVI Control, 1366 x 768 display capability

May, 2006

$999.95

TC-32LX600

720p, 1080i, 480p, 480i video in, HDMI (2) with HDAVI Control, 1366 x 768 display capability

March, 2006

$1,899.95

TC-26LX600

720p, 1080i, 480p, 480i video in, HDMI (2) with HDAVI Control, 1366 x 768 display capability

March, 2006

$1,499.95

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
I was going to say, it'd surprise me if they released LCDs in sizes overlapping with their 37" and 42" plasmas. ;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Is that 20" (TH-20LX60) in the picture 16:9? If so, what are it's resolution and specs, since it has the LX moniker, and Panasonic only puts this on their HD sets...

What are the response times on all of these sets? They don't seem to be much different than the 50's...

EDIT: I Googled the model number and it gave me only Japanese websites, but I was able to find out that it has a 1366 x 768 resolution, so it is 16:9.

Heh...That's quite a difference between the current 20" and its 640 x 480 resolution! ^^

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh7289
Is that 20" (TH-20LX60) in the picture 16:9? If so, what are it's resolution and specs, since it has the LX moniker, and Panasonic only puts this on their HD sets...

What are the response times on all of these sets? They don't seem to be much different than the 50's...

EDIT: I Googled the model number and it gave me only Japanese websites, but I was able to find out that it has a 1366 x 768 resolution, so it is 16:9.

Heh...That's quite a difference between the current 20" and its 640 x 480 resolution! ^^
You can easily see all the LCDs in the photo are 16:9.

No reason to compare a 20" 4:3 to 20" 16:9, it's apples to oranges.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
it also mentions nothing about a cable card slot. if they have cable card, i am buying the 26 inch version for my bedroom.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrell
it also mentions nothing about a cable card slot. if they have cable card, i am buying the 26 inch version for my bedroom.
No mention of CC, almost surely means it doesn't have it. It see it mentions QAM, which would effectively mean clear-QAM.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
it would be asinine in this day and age to not have a cable card slot to go with a QAM tuner, especially on any model introduced now. i wouldnt mind having the vizio 37 inch lcd...but the idiots not only didnt put a CC in it, they didnt even put a QAM tuner in it...just an atsc...thats just plain idiotic.

·
Registered
311 Posts
re CableCards: The problem is that relatively few people are using them. With flat-panel makers under severe pressure to keep prices low, they become an easy feature to drop. Sharp is dropping CableCard slots from nearly all of their spring 2006 Aquos sets.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
cable cards are perfect for a small set that noone in their right mind would use as their main set (who would use a 26 inch WIDESCREEN lcd as their LIVING ROOM tv??) in that they are great for the bedroom and you dont need to get another cable box.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Quote:
cable cards are perfect for a small set that noone in their right mind would use as their main set (who would use a 26 inch WIDESCREEN lcd as their LIVING ROOM tv??) in that they are great for the bedroom and you dont need to get another cable box.
Someone with a small living room, perhaps? Or someone without much money, perhaps?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Quote:
Or someone without much money, perhaps?
26 inch panasonic lcd with tuners...will probably retail for 2000 dollars. vizio 42 inch plasma with tuners coming out in march at costco...will retail for 1600 dollars. end of money argument. as far as a small living room, my living room is smaller than a lot of people's bedrooms, yet i can easily fit a 50 inch plasma in it. i can imagine almost NO living room that cannot fit a 42 inch plasma (equivalent of a 36 inch 4:3 tv, but flat)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey, I just realized. That press release says nothing about the US release of the TH-20LX60, though that picture shows it.

Is this TV actually going to be released here or not?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Quote:
as far as a small living room, my living room is smaller than a lot of people's bedrooms, yet i can easily fit a 50 inch plasma in it. i can imagine almost NO living room that cannot fit a 42 inch plasma (equivalent of a 36 inch 4:3 tv, but flat)
The proper size tv has nothing to do with the size of the room. Ideally one is supposed to buy a tv based on the main viewing distance or sitting distance from the tv. Sure a 42 or a 50" set will "fit" in every living room but if one is sitting 5 or 6 feet away from it - that tv is too large.

Buy the set based on viewing distance. :)

Hey, NE1 have a pic of the Panasonic LX600 models? Thanks.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV
Hey, NE1 have a pic of the Panasonic LX600 models? Thanks.
Well, I wouldn't think the LX600 would look any different from the LX60's from the front, since all they add are some functionality in the back, right?

Anyway, does anyone know if the TH-20LX60 is going to be released in North America?

Thanks.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Quote:
Well, I wouldn't think the LX600 would look any different from the LX60's from the front, since all they add are some functionality in the back, right?

Anyway, does anyone know if the TH-20LX60 is going to be released in North America?

Thanks.
Have you seen the 2005 or 2006 Plasma models? There is a big difference in the cosmetics between the Plasma line when the extra zero is added to the model number. The PX500/PX600 and PX50/PX60 are like night and day with the PX50/P60 models on the not as attritive side. :D

The 2006 Plasma models:

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...th42px600u.gif

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el..._th42px60u.gif

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.