AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panasonic came out to my house today to fix my digital tuner as well as some picture related issues I was having with my set. After convincing them that you can get QAM channels from FIOS on my other two Panasonics, they attempted to replace the A board.

Long story short, they ordered the wrong board. The tech said that even a new board probably couldn't fix my set so they decided to replace it with a new set.

Anybody have any experience with this? He told me that they would replace it with a market equivalent. My set is the Costco version of the PZ700U. I asked for a G20 and he said that he would do his best. How long do they usually take to get me a new set?

Also, when he put the old board back on my set, my picture was screwed up. Color was off and the picture was very noisy.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody have any experience with this? I know my thread isn't as interesting as changing black levels but somebody must have gone through this as well.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthemidget /forum/post/18238411

....The tech said that even a new board probably couldn't fix my set so they decided to replace it with a new set.

Anybody have any experience with this? He told me that they would replace it with a market equivalent. My set is the Costco version of the PZ700U. I asked for a G20 and he said that he would do his best. How long do they usually take to get me a new set?

It could take anywhere from a week to a month before the replacement TV arrives. I'd keep calling, but be nice and cordial.

They will probably want to replace your old TV with an S2. If the S2 is anything like last year's S1, the picture is much better than the PE700U/PZ700U. I don't think your PE700U has a PC input, but if it does then insist they give you a G20/G25 because you NEED it to have a PC input like your old TV and an S2 won't do it. I can't think of anything else that your PE700U has that would give you any leverage to insist on a G20 though.

Another option that has been allowed is to have Panasonic upgrade the replacement to a higher and/or larger model then they have you pay a few hundred dollars to make up the difference over the lower model they offered at first.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/18240525

It could take anywhere from a week to a month before the replacement TV arrives. I'd keep calling, but be nice and cordial.

They will probably want to replace your old TV with an S2. If the S2 is anything like last year's S1, the picture is much better than the PE700U/PZ700U. I don't think your PE700U has a PC input, but if it does then insist they give you a G20/G25 because you NEED it to have a PC input like your old TV and an S2 won't do it. I can't think of anything else that your PE700U has that would give you any leverage to insist on a G20 though.

Another option that has been allowed is to have Panasonic upgrade the replacement to a higher and/or larger model then they have you pay a few hundred dollars to make up the difference over the lower model they offered at first.

just got off the phone with the Panasonic rep and he told me that he is waiting for "management" to get back to him. This makes me a bit nervous as I am worried that they will go back on their promise.

I would rather just return the set to Costco and get my money back. I would then buy another set from Costco and continue my warranty.

I'm on hold with them right now trying to get this straighted out. Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthemidget /forum/post/18240699

just got off the phone with the Panasonic rep and he told me that he is waiting for "management" to get back to him. This makes me a bit nervous as I am worried that they will go back on their promise.

I would rather just return the set to Costco and get my money back. I would then buy another set from Costco and continue my warranty.

Did you buy the TV under Costco's old "Lifetime Return" policy before they changed to their 90 days policy? If you can get a complete refund of your original purchase price, that may be better than accepting a replacement TV from Panasonic. That way, you could buy a better non-Costco model from Cleveland or Amazon etc and buy a Mack warranty for it too.

How much did you pay for the 50PE700U if i may ask?

Oh and i am a long time Costco member in case anyone accuses me/us of "abusing" their lifetime return/refund policy. In this case, a full refund would be completely justified.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/18240904

Did you buy the TV under Costco's old "Lifetime Return" policy before they changed to their 90 days policy? If you can get a complete refund of your original purchase price, that may be better than accepting a replacement TV from Panasonic. That way, you could buy whatever you want and maybe even buy a Mack warranty for it too.

How much did you pay for the 50PE700U if i may ask?

$2K for the set, so I could get the 65" version with that kind of money

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthemidget /forum/post/18240913

$2K for the set, so I could get the 65" version with that kind of money

Dude!! Return it to Costco and take the $2,000 cash refund. You can buy a much better TV and a 5-year Mack warranty and still have money left over. This is a no brainer !!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/18241071

Dude!! Return it to Costco and take the $2,000 cash refund. You can buy a much better TV and a 5-year Mack warranty and still have money left over. This is a no brainer !!

But I'm under the new Costco policy. I'm trying to make Costco the responsible party not Panasonic. Slow going so far. I'm working on it!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so yesterday everybody was happy and smiles. Today it's lets wait and see. such complete BS. I don't have a working TV and I have no info when it's going to be replaced or with what.

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthemidget /forum/post/18241130

But I'm under the new Costco policy. I'm trying to make Costco the responsible party not Panasonic. Slow going so far. I'm working on it!

Ah, your answer to my question about being under the lifetime policy made it sound like you could get a $2,000 refund and buy a 65 incher.

Oh well, since you're stuck with Panasonic replacing the TV then you won't have a lot of leverage on which model they choose. Does your PE700U have a PC input like the PZ700U does? If so, DEMAND a G20 or G25 because you NEED that PC input, and the S2 does not have it

·
Premium Member
18,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericthemidget /forum/post/18247217

They are going to call me this morning with a list of sets to pick from. I will let you know how it goes.

When they call, ask them if you can upgrade to a larger and/or higher end model if you pay the extra difference. They've done this for people before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts