AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am watching HD content from my RCA DTC 100 on my L300U, it doesn't fill the screen? I see black borders all around the image in varying widths. The picture is excellent mind you, just wandering why it is not using the full 16x9? I am using the VGA input for those not familiar with the DCT100.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm guessing here, so bear with me.

Maybe the L300u thinks you have a computer connected to it, and the 16:9 AR is not normal for a computer. I'd bet that if you had a VGA-to-component transcoder, like the Audio Authority one I use with my DTC100 and Sony 400q projector, the screen would be filled.

Hopefully someone with your same equipment has solved this problem.

Hugh

·
Registered
309 Posts
A bunch of people have mentioned that using HD Directv STB's with the L300U result in a black border around the whole image. Its probably 1.5" on my 100" diag setup with the L300U.

Its not limited to your RCA DTC 100 either, as there was a thead on this a while ago and several people confirmed the same thing. In fact I don't remember anyone mentioning that their HD STB didn't have a black border.

I also think I remember people with other projectors having similar problems.

My best guess is that it has something to do with the scaling of the HD image to best fit the LCD panels at the highest quality.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I seem to have found part of the issue. I was using some keystone correction that caused part of it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have found out even more. I changed the settings on my dtc 100 and have now gotten almost 95% fill. It was the timings. I forget what it was called, but is was the second selection. (The one in the middle).

Matt

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I have the same problem with my L300u and my Scientific Atlanta HD box from Time Warner, so it's not limited to satellite boxes. Someone asks this question every few weeks, and I don't know if I've heard a good answer yet. My box locks out any picture aspect changes with the L300, so I don't know what I can do about it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm interested in trying a DCT-100 with the L300U.

Any specific vga cable to use and what genders?

I currently have a dual-LNB 18" round dish, so I will need a new dish, right?

Thanks,

Ken

P.S. What mode does the L300U use for HDTV on the DCT-100 using vga?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.