AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the Panasonic PT-52LCX65 and the PT-50LCX65. I like the plasma's, but I think you get more size with the rear projection, for the money. Plus, I'm not too concerned with hanging the tv on the wall. Any comments?

·
Registered
5 Posts
52LCX65 is the way to go. You are so right when it comes to getting more size with the rps. It's so funny because you get a bigger TV for a much lower price. Hanging a TV on the wall is overrated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hanging may be overrated but the image you see when looking at TV through glass instead of plastic is not, just my opinion....oh and plasmas cost more

·
Registered
5 Posts
52 inch Panasonic LCD for $2184. 50 inch Panasonic Plasma $3799. That's a big difference to be able to look through glass

·
Registered
107 Posts
If your into gaming at all Plasma isn't good.

How do you compare Sony's lcd rp to the Panasonic?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by btorbit
52 inch Panasonic LCD for $2184. 50 inch Panasonic Plasma $3799. That's a big difference to be able to look through glass
do you honestly think THAT is the only difference in picture quality between the 2 sets? i have seen both of these sets numerous times at cc and IMHO the panny plasma picture blows away the lcd's.....glass or plastic screen notwithstanding. don't get me wrong, i certainly understand anyone choosing an lcd rptv over a plasma due to budget restrictions.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hanging is overated, but the panny plasma PQ is better than the panny lcd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not saying that Plasma pic is not better but it is not that much better. The rp LCD has a very good pic and excellent features. For more than half the price I think it is a much better buy especially with the technology changing so rapidly. Why spend close to $2K more when there will be a better TV on the market in less than 2 years.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Which panny plasmas are you reffering to? The ones ive seen are the 50's not the 500's, the 50's dont look near as sharp as any other TV on the floor... Samsung, LG, Pioneer(duh), any of the above look much sharper... The color saturation and black levels are alright, and somewhat better than the others...

I would go with a sony LCD RPT anyday over panny cause of SDE... and i think panny looks blue...

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
I haven't seen a single plasma that looks as good as this set does, properly adjusted. And I have seen the mega$$ Fujitsus.

It certainly isn't perfect, but its flaws bother me less than plasma's flaws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.