AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys, I'm looking into getting a 32inch tv. i think i've narrowed it down to 3 panels. please help me choose. i'm also open to other alternatives.

1. Panasonic TC-32LX85 (seen it for about $600)

2. Insignia NS-PDP32-09 (about $400)

3. Samsung LN32A450 (about $600)

what do you guys think?? the insignia's price is pretty tempting and i've heard that insignia plasma is actually pretty good. any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
15,992 Posts
I would not buy Insignia!!! The two 720p LCDs that consistently get the best reviews are the Panny and Samsung you mention above (those are the only 2 that I considered). I went with the Panny since I could get it (on Black Friday) for $100 less than you state above (ie, considerably less than the Samsung). Also, the Panny has better side angle viewing, if that's important to you. The Panny TC-32LX85, Samsung 450, and M series Sony have the best contrast of any 720p 32" LCDs, and should be the only ones to consider for top PQ.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I wanted to buy a plasma, but I bought the TC-32LX85 after looking at the Vizio and Insignia plasmas at Wal-Mart and Best Buy. I wasn't impressed with them at all. Blacks are unimpressive, colors are inaccurate, and the image is very pixelated. Also, owners say they are prone to image retention. I would not have paid $600 for the TC-32LX85, though (got it for

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys! the only reason i was considering the insignia was because of its price. i'm leaning towards the panasonic over the samsung but i'll probably buy whichever one turns out to be the cheapest. thanks again for the input!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so i ordered a tv. i found a great deal on the sharp LC37D64U. it was 700 bucks and i figured 5 more inches and 1080p was worth the extra 100 bucks. what do you guys think of this tv? the reviews i've read seem to be pretty positive and i liked the picture quality of the 42inch version of this tv.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts