AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching online for tests proving the claimed doubled or even tripled efficiency of the neo plasma's compared to older models of panasonic or other brands but havent been able to find much

This is all i found: http://reviews.cnet.com/green-tech/tv-consumption-chart/?tag=contentBody;nextPage"]http://reviews.cnet.com/green-tech/tv-consumption-chart/?tag=contentBody;nextPage

I cant see any huge differences between the plasma's here, the biggest difference between the new and old panasonic plasma's seems to be the default brightness setting, i am assuming they calibrated all tv's to the same brightness?

Since neopdp came out i considered those to be the only plasma's worth considering but im starting to think this is all just a marketting scam.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by revetahw
I have been searching online for tests proving the claimed doubled or even tripled efficiency of the neo plasma's compared to older models of panasonic or other brands but havent been able to find much

I cant see any huge differences between the plasma's here, the biggest difference between the new and old panasonic plasma's seems to be the default brightness setting, i am assuming they calibrated all tv's to the same brightness?

Since neopdp came out i considered those to be the only plasma's worth considering but im starting to think this is all just a marketing scam.
It's not a marketing scam - they are definitely more efficient but i don't recall them ever claiming triple or even double the efficiency. Do you have links to official Panasonic documents or articles that claim such extraordinary efficiency?

FWIW, my 2009 46" G10 is WAY brighter than my older and smaller 2007 42" PZ700U and uses a LOT less power according to my Kill-A'Watt demand meter, and puts out a lot less heat as well so the NeoPDP units are definitely more efficient than older non-NeoPDP models.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are even claiming 4x efficiency now:
www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prModelDetail?storeId=11301&catalogId=13251&itemId=389528&modelNo=Content01062010101723000&surfModel=Content01062010101723000
Quote:
The new quadruple luminance efficiency panel evolved from Panasonic's NeoPDP panel developed in 2008 and NeoPDPeco panel developed in 2009 with twice and triple the brightness of its 2007 models, respectively.

Anyways if they did increase the efficiency by 2x or more it either means there are no 2007 or 2008 panels on the cnet list or they are testing it wrong

If the cnet list is accurate it means the other plasma manufacturers have similar efficiency and i also see many panasonic plasma's on there that were never marketed as having neopdp panels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.