AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panasonic has several new models due out very soon, which they just added to their website today.

http://www.panasonic.com/PBDS/subcat...entations.html

However, I was hoping for higher contrast from the new 2200-lumen 720, so that it might offer a little competition to the Sanyo XP21N.

The cautionary note: If you look at the warranty on the latest Panasonic projectors, including the 75u and the ones arriving soon, like the 720, you will see that 2,000 hours is the limit of the coverage. If you reach 2,000 hours before you reach three years, your warranty is over. A lot of folks rack up more than 667 hours a year. At the rate I use lamps, my warranty would be over in about 18 months. If I didn't work night and day, it would be over in less than a year.

Panny should rethink this, especially when the new 720 offers 3,000 hours of lamp life in eco-mode. Shouldn't a manufacturer hang in there for the full three years, even if the projector is busy enough to rack up a lot of hours? After all, they only back up the lamp itself for a few months. What a nice way to dodge accountability for burned-out pixels and other problems that might occur within the first couple of years.

Mike

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why don't they list the AE100 there ?

It would be nice to see Panasonic deliver a higher resolution, higher lumen version of the AE100.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Because the AE-100 is not in their presentation products division. It is part of the consumer electronics division, and hence, the reason it only comes with a 1 year warranty and no Panazip coverage.

·
Registered
297 Posts
On the other hand, Panazip is pretty amazing. Called yesterday and the loaner should arrive today. Because I'm no longer shure if the very minor 'problem' is worth the risk of shipping, they said I could compare the loaner to my pj and ship them back either one.

No matter how you slice it, thats better customer service and warranty than I've gotten on any home electronic consumer item I've ever purchased. -bd

my thread on 'problem'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.