Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas,

Has anyone here seen the latest Fujitsu plasmas (e.g., 4222) side by side with the latest Panasonic plasmas (e.g., models 3 or 4)?

Obviously, the panasonics have a great image. But the 4222 has a better resolution (1024x1024 interlaced, or 1024x512 progressive).

I understand that the Fujitsu 4242 is still not being sold, yet, or has anyone seen it yet at a vendor?

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
I am currently watching a 4222w-s and I would like to strongly recommend you NOT buy this set. It is on loaner from my dealer until Monday or Tuesday's Pro 1000 delivery. Don't want to get into it, just don't buy it, go for the Panny.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The 4242 is at Harvey's in NYC on 45th st, so it is definitely available. I had a quick look at it but didn't get enough quality time with it to compare it to the Panny.

I would welcome input from anyone with the 4242 as well.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Ericbee, please expand on your advice. I just saw

a recent Fujitsu 42" plasma display at a home entertainment show and was quite impressed. Haven't been that impressed with a plasma since seeing the Panasonic, so I began to wonder about

comparing the two.

What's your beef with the Fujitsu? Do you have experience with the Panasonic?

Thanks

Rich

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK,

This is pretty much what I expected. I will stay away from 4222.

Has anyone seen the 4242 and the Panasonic, so they can compare these two?

The 4242 should have the same contrast ratio (or almost the same) as the panasonics, but with alot more features and inputs.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
I cannot comment on the 4242 only the 4222. When I first installed my loaner 4222 I was very upset. Big pixel size, mossy effects on solid colors and a poor internal scaler. After living with a 50 inch Pio from the same viewing distance, the 42 just looked terrible when, in fact, it should have looked much better due to its screen size. I am not anti fujitsu. I saw the 50 inch fuj and loved it. I also "glanced" at tthe 4242 but, have no recolection of it. I just do not like the 4222 and can't wait for it to be removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.