AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, all my first post hope you guys can help me decide on a receiver. my budget is 450.00 and i been looking at the panasonic sahe200k for $347.99 it has everything 7.1 130 watts x6 but i dont know if panasonic can be taken seriously. i didnt see anyone using it or talking about it. saw a couple of posts about the older model sahe100k but not enough info. please help. the other one is the pioneer vsxd811k at $286.00, which i see posts about but is a little older than the panasonic so is it better? please help a girl out with some help chooseing please! thank you........barbiegirl

;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hi all is there anyone to answer my previous post?:(

·
Registered
404 Posts
i recomend the pioneer because i had a ulcer trying to get a panasonic sada10n reciever fixed this past spring, brand new unit never fixed took 8 months to finaly get a refund-very bad customer service.

also look at what ohm they rate power-panasonic uses 6ohm so they show a bigger number(8ohm at 100 watts= 150 watts at 6ohm), at least they did on my unit-dont know about pioneer.

the pioneer super tuner used to be the best deal in car audio, if they build recievers the same way they should be good.

what about yamaha or jvc?

i would find a unit with preouts if you can, that way you can add better quality amps down the road- the amps in a all in one unit share a lot of parts so you dont get the highest quality sound.

what are your speakers

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I just made a similar choice. Pioneer VSX-811s or the Panasonic HK-100. In the end I went with the Pioneer - fully assignable digital inputs, a learning remote, a full set of pre-outs and aestethics helped me make my decision. Sure we're talking entry level units here but I am very happy with choice. It is an excellent reciever fo the price and I couldn't find much in my area to compete on a features/quality/price basis.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was looking at the Panny he100 and the Pioneer and I went with the Pioneer vsx-d811s.

Reason were that the Pioneer had Binding posts instead of spring clips(the panny he200 has binding posts, the 100 that I was looking at did not), assignable digital inputs, clean front panel, perceived build quality and it sounded better to my ears in a test and the price was right.

Either one is a very nice receiver and you'll like either one. I just liked the Pioneer a little better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.