AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been checking the prices (Aug 2011) of the Panasonic-P65VT30 unit on NEXTTAG and I see as much as a $1000/- in price ranges as compared to BEST BUY. The names of the different stores that sells them cheap, Abes Of Main,TVCity, Best Buy PCS, Power Sellers, Buy and Squad. What gives !!!!!!!

Does anyone have any experiences in buying from these online stores as compared to buying it from the BEST BUY store ?

Thanks for your feedback !

WILL

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Make sure they cover return shipping in case something goes wrong, or even offer a refund. Low prices can come at a high price is there is a problem with the display.

·
Registered
141 Posts
There are two other sources that are used by enthusiasts that you should consider, Value Electronics and Cleveland Plasma. I have not used them so no personal experience. I did buy a Sony XBR online many years ago and had no problems. I am also considering a new 65" HDTV and not sure how I would go.

One advantage of the two mentioned is they could calibrate before shipping. This should show up early problems. Later problems are manufacturers warranty. Despite all this I am still on the fence whether to buy local for more money or buy online for less and no sales tax (8.7% here). Reading these forums amplifies the perceived problems with these TVs making me more cautious.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
The vast majority of these inexpensive on line retailers are legitimate sellers who are trying their best to get you what you want at the agreed upon price. But keep in mind that the reason they're less expensive is they have lower overhead and as a result, their customer service tends to be below average. Chances are, you'll order the TV, your credit card will be charged and the TV will arrive via UPS or Fedex and it will work fine.

It's when the TV isn't fine, you'll wish you had bought from Best buy or a local retailer. But, keep in mind chances are the TV will be OK. If the TV doesn't work and is obviously damaged, you'll likely have to deal with UPS or Fedex. If the TV doesn't work and isn't obviously damaged, you'll likely have to deal with the TV manufacturer. Your last option is to return the TV and chances are you'll have to pay for return shipping. Regardless of what the person on the phone says, it's pretty rare that they'll pay for return shipping.

·
Registered
948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn /forum/post/20881290

The vast majority of these inexpensive on line retailers are legitimate sellers who are trying their best to get you what you want at the agreed upon price. But keep in mind that the reason they're less expensive is they have lower overhead and as a result, their customer service tends to be below average. Chances are, you'll order the TV, your credit card will be charged and the TV will arrive via UPS or Fedex and it will work fine.

It's when the TV isn't fine, you'll wish you had bought from Best buy or a local retailer. But, keep in mind chances are the TV will be OK. If the TV doesn't work and is obviously damaged, you'll likely have to deal with UPS or Fedex. If the TV doesn't work and isn't obviously damaged, you'll likely have to deal with the TV manufacturer. Your last option is to return the TV and chances are you'll have to pay for return shipping. Regardless of what the person on the phone says, it's pretty rare that they'll pay for return shipping.

True...but I opted for white glove delivery for an additional $150.00 .The tV was brought into my home..the stand set up....the Tv hooked unto Directv. To insure it was working,and before they left,Itook a flashlight and thouroughly

Inspected the unit before I signed...the peace of mind was worth it...and,being a senior citizen,the charge was a

Ot less than the cost of a hernia operation...

One word of advice though....make certain you are 100% comfortable with the

Venor's return policy....BTW..purchased from V.E. In NY...and would night recommend them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.