AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The GT30 manual shows a setting for Panel brightness High/Mid/Low "Selects the display panel brightness".

Does anyone have any detail of what this setting is?

Is it just a coarse adjustment of brightness control range or does it limit the contrast?

I'm looking for somewhat of a technical description beyond the obvious.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Many people including myself, (I have an S60) set it to mid for the best results, setting it to high will introduce visible distortion. There shouldn't be any significant change in black levels or contrast.

Ian

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
It controls the max contrast. Most people set it to Mid. Low gives the smoothest, most distortion free picture, but its max contrast is lowest. High gives the coarsest and highest noise/distortion picture, but its max contrast is highest. If the Low setting gives you a bright enough picture for your viewing environment, it's the best to go with, but most people find the setting a little too dim and go with the Mid setting. I think most of the pro calibrators go with the Mid setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.