AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at best buy to check out the picture of a Panasonic plasma S1 series and I noticed that compared to the samsung c550 series the panasonic had lots of blocks and pixelation. It was mostly during motion scenes and they were both hooked up to the same picture feed. I was planning on buying a 50" G20/25 but I will not if the blockyness is a part of that set's picture too. The problem was very pronounced and obvious.

I was pretty impressed with the samsung. I have heard about the buzzing problems and I would prefer to buy a panasonic but I wont be able to because I will not be able to stand looking at a blocky picture.

Also, if I get the Samsung is there any way to hook up a wii? I noticed that it has no componant or composite inputs! I also want to hook up several classic gaming consoles such as an NES, genesis, and PS1.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
"Blockiness" that you describe is overcompression of the signal, and doesn't have anything to do with the TV. Not sure why you saw it more on the Panasonic on than the Samsung, but it's not the fault of any particular TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts