AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The settings thread seems to be mostly about slides and how to calibrate. Other than the ones D-Nice has or the settings out of the box, what are other options for settings you prefer? I only use 1 mode for now. Hope to see some other modes with great but different feel to them. I have a TC-P42G25 so G25 settings are appreciated most.

THX Mode

Contrast 60

Brightness 55

Color 50

Sharpness 50

Color Temp Warm 1

Blur Reduction on. All the other settings off or as calibrated.

Blacks Setting Light. I prefer to watch in a dim (one lamp a distance from the tv) or dark room.

·
Registered
95 Posts
(This probably should have been posted in the thread you mentioned instead of separately)

Your values for Contrast, Brightness and Color look reasonable (not sure if they are estimated, copied or calibrated). I would suggest lowering the Sharpness value, preferably with reference to a test pattern or to between 0 and 10 otherwise. I also prefer to have inverse 2:3 pulldown deinterlacing enabled when needed and Blur Reduction always disabled.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexplainedBacon /forum/post/19586034

(This probably should have been posted in the thread you mentioned instead of separately)

Your values for Contrast, Brightness and Color look reasonable (not sure if they are estimated, copied or calibrated). I would suggest lowering the Sharpness value, preferably with reference to a test pattern or to between 0 and 10 otherwise. I also prefer to have inverse 2:3 pulldown deinterlacing enabled when needed and Blur Reduction always disabled.

Over 2500 posts and most are talking about how to do the slides, SM adjustments, and etc to D-Nice's calibration. I would have to go fishing to find some alternative settings. I didn't like the low sharpness from what I saw but I will definitely check it again. Thanks for the suggestions. My settings are pretty close to the original THX Mode settings. But I tweaked it a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts