AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking into purchasing a Panasonic VT60 and I was hoping someone here could help me out. I've read nothing but good things about the VT series but I have some concerns about burn in, image retention, and input lag. Are any of these issues with the VT60 when gaming? Every once in a while I may do a long session. Any input you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
If gaming is a primary concern get it through best buy and do their protection because it covers burn in. They replaced the panel on my G20 when I got burn in from the speedo from NFS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Banned
176 Posts
As a gamer myself, I'm sorry to tell you but we are screwed when it comes to wanting to game on HDTVs. Current technology provides one of two negatives or both, burn-in and lag. Buy a Plasmas and you get burn in, other option LED/LCD then you get lag. The best HDTVs lag about 30 ms and many are 50-80 ms for the 60-80" models. While you are gaming ask the other players what they use and you'll get a feel for what works and doesn't. Ideally, it would be great to have a dedicated gaming tv and a dedicated movie tv.

As providers of the PS2/3/4, I wish Sony would make a gamer focused HDTV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts