AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Panasonic P42C1 2 weeks ago after returning a defective Samsung 42B430. I now plan on returning the Panny because it has a pink tint to it. I have white balance dialed in perfect to D65 but still get a pink tint

(I also see it in all other preset color temps). I noticed the other day that with the TV turned off, my white shirt in the reflection was pink. I am sure there is some kind of pink coating on the TV. I'm not sure if this is a defect or a normal thing for Panny's. It looks almost like an AR coating of some kind, but why they would make it an obnoxious pink color is beyond me. Can anyone let me know how their Panny looks? I was looking to upgrade to an S1 but won't even touch it if it has this problem.

Other than this issue, I am very happy with the TV. Colors are not perfect but blacks are freaking amazing compared to the previous Sammy. Blacks are very important to me so I was willing to sacrifice some color accuracy but I can't live with the pink tint

·
Registered
721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat3ncy /forum/post/16926427

Is it distracting during normal viewing? I think I could handle green more than pink.

i have personally never been distracted by the AR coating on my 50" S1. I view it during the daytime, at nightime, with lights on and with lights off. i couldn't even tell you the color of the AR coating on my set.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
You can't count on the screen treatment to be consistent across the product line. Panasonic even had the xx75 and xx77 models from the same year with different screen treatments.

Sounds like Panasonic is trying out the "Purple Haze" Samsung was using on their screens two years ago.

·
Registered
440 Posts
All AR coatings will have either a green or magenta hue to them. These are the wavelengths of light most reflected off of the screen, all AR coatings will have either a green or magenta tint.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anti-reflecting filter is used to reduce reflection and enhance transmission.It's idea for optical window use. AR coatings are often crucial components in optical systems with multiple lenses or other optics where the maximum possible light energy is needed. AR coatings help to produce brighter images. AR coatings also reduce the intensity of ghost images which are sometimes produced in optical systems by multiple reflecting surfaces.

We do AR film on AG material.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts