AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't looked into commercial panny plasma in a while since i bought 6uy a while ago. I know the consumer version gives you speakers, tuner, stand, more inputs, etc., but what about PQ?

What is the consensus around here concerning picture difference between commercial vs. consumer pannys?

the reason i asked is i think my 6uy is noticeably better than my bro's consumer 6th gen panny...especially shadow detail and blacks.

I am not sure if it is difference in the panel itself or having more advanced picture settings which allows me to tweak the picture better.

in other words, i am thinking of getting a 50 in panny. if pq is the main concern, which is recommended, consumer 600u (cablecard feature is nice) or commercial 9uk?

can one get the pq of a consumer to look like the commercial without paying someone to go into service menu?

·
Registered
732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by superflysocal /forum/post/0

I in other words, i am thinking of getting a 50 in panny. if pq is the main concern, which is recommended, consumer 600u (cablecard feature is nice) or commercial 9uk?

can one get the pq of a consumer to look like the commercial without paying someone to go into service menu?

I believe that cnet has rated both the consumer and commercial and the commercial consistantly comes out higher in PQ. I've read in the past that panny has their best/latest glass in the commecial and a step below in the consumer versions. But I don't remember the source where I read that, so I can't verify its accuracy.

I don't believe that the consumer PQ can come up to the level of the commercial without entering the service menu.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by why2not /forum/post/0

I don't believe that the consumer PQ can come up to the level of the commercial without entering the service menu.

I think that might have been true at some point but not lately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts