AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a TCP42GT25 since May and have been generally pleased with it. Sometimes I wish it was a little brighter, but it's a minor issue compared with the great colors that I'm enjoying. Tonight, when I turned it on and went to Vieracast, I got a message that a software update was available. I pressed OK and it did it's thing without interruption. The TV rebooted and announced that the update was successful. I went to Vieracast again and noticed I had more options to watch. Mainly I use Netflix. I did a little searching around and then went over to Netflix and watched for awhile. Then I went back to regular TV (cable). When I tried to go back to Netflix, it said server unavailable. I rebooted my router and the TV and this time it went to Vieracast but the boxes that show the selections, ie. Netflix, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, etc. are just blank boxes. I can't access anything. The new software version is: 3720. I also went into settings and did a connection test and everything shows OK. Is there a way to revert to the old software version? Anyone else have this problem? I have 10 more days of my 90 day Costco trial left and would hate to have to return it for this, but will if I have to.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miqie /forum/post/20800735

I have had a TCP42GT25 since May and have been generally pleased with it. Sometimes I wish it was a little brighter, but it's a minor issue compared with the great colors that I'm enjoying. Tonight, when I turned it on and went to Vieracast, I got a message that a software update was available. I pressed OK and it did it's thing without interruption. The TV rebooted and announced that the update was successful. I went to Vieracast again and noticed I had more options to watch. Mainly I use Netflix. I did a little searching around and then went over to Netflix and watched for awhile. Then I went back to regular TV (cable). When I tried to go back to Netflix, it said server unavailable. I rebooted my router and the TV and this time it went to Vieracast but the boxes that show the selections, ie. Netflix, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, etc. are just blank boxes. I can't access anything. The new software version is: 3720. I also went into settings and did a connection test and everything shows OK. Is there a way to revert to the old software version? Anyone else have this problem? I have 10 more days of my 90 day Costco trial left and would hate to have to return it for this, but will if I have to.

I've had that problem with my Panasonic Blu-Ray player. I just turn it off and then on again and it's ok. If that doesn't work, I suggest you call Panasonic customer support and have them guide you through a re-set of your TV.

Ian

·
Registered
12,095 Posts

Quote:

I installed that same update on my GT25 with no issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well today it seems to be working after being off all night. I had turned it off and on a few times last night but it didn't fix it. I still get a "can't connect to server, occasionally, but then I go into network settings, do a connection check, and then it's OK again. This software version seems kind of buggy on my set.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

Quote:

When I tried to go back to Netflix, it said server unavailable. I rebooted my router and the TV and this time it went to Vieracast but the boxes that show the selections, ie. Netflix, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, etc. are just blank boxes. I can't access anything.

I had the same problem last night with my Panasonic 310 Blu-ray player. I couldn't access Netflix when it was down, and I was getting the blank boxes on VieraCast. I turned off the player once or twice, and sometimes I got the links back in the boxes, but I still couldn't connect to Netflix when it was down.

I think I might have had the same problem (the blank boxes) last week. I didn't check whether Netflix was down then also, but I suspect it was.

I was wondering if the Blu-ray player itself or the software is buggy, but I also wonder if the fact that Netflix is down is causing it not to fill in the other boxes. Like maybe it's trying to access Netflix or something and that is causing the problem with VieraCast as a whole.

I decided to check it a few times tonight and tomorrow night (assuming Netflix is up and running) to see if the problem repeats itself or if it was just something related to the Netflix outage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.