AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some 3D .mkv content that I am streaming from a HTPC.

The only way to turn on the glasses with my GT30 is to change the 3D mode of the television from 2D to 3D mode. What looks like is happening is that the "3D' is now doubled up. Once because the .mkv is already a 3D movie (without glasses it has the green and red, doubled up looking picture) and once again because the TV is trying to covert what it thinks is a 2D image into 3D.

Is there any way to engage the glasses without putting the TV in 2D->3D mode, hence allowing me watch 3D .mkv's? Or would I be better off sticking to 2D content and using the 2D->3D mode of the television? (I am not sure if the quality is as high in that type of 3D because it was not filmed that way)

Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
You've got two different incompatible kinds of 3D going on. The green and red doubled up picture when watching your files is the giveaway. For watching that in 3D you need to leave the set in 2D mode, don't use the active glasses, get some of those cheap passive 3D glasses with two different color lenses to watch that content in 3D. Before the advent of active 3D tv there were a few 3D movies released on video with that two color offset system. These were meant to be viewed on a standard 2D set with the two color glasses.

For active 3D sources like BD and the few channels on DirecTV or cable, and for 2D-3D conversion of native 2D content use the active glasses.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S /forum/post/20877831

You've got two different incompatible kinds of 3D going on. The green and red doubled up picture when watching your files is the giveaway. For watching that in 3D you need to leave the set in 2D mode, don't use the active glasses, get some of those cheap passive 3D glasses with two different color lenses to watch that content in 3D. Before the advent of active 3D tv there were a few 3D movies released on video with that two color offset system. These were meant to be viewed on a standard 2D set with the two color glasses.

For active 3D sources like BD and the few channels on DirecTV or cable, and for 2D-3D conversion of native 2D content use the active glasses.

ahhhh i thought to try this but couldn't find any movie theater 3d glasses..just found a pair lying around im gonna give it a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.