AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Panasonic PT-101 that I have used for several years with just composite video input. A friend says he thinks it will display an HDTV signal (720i or even 1080p). I think this unit is so old that such a signal would do damage to the unit. Am I correct? He said alternately I could input a component signal from a standard def DVD player into the RGB inputs on the projector to get a better picture than regular old composit video. Anyone know this projector well enough to know?

Also I am setting this up in my new HT with a 120" diagonal screen. The manual states I need "70" lens spacers for that size screen, but the unit only has the "50" lens spacers installed. Anyone know where I can get the 70 spacers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Nope, it's a 480i machine only. Spacers- I think you just need to tweak the convergence and raster positioning controls, you won't find those spacers anywhere. You might also be able to build them up with washers if need be.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! I've never used the component video outputs of a standard definition DVD player before. What resolution do they output?

·
Registered
235 Posts
If it is a standard definition DVD player, the components will output 480i. The component output of the DVD player will not directly connect to the RGBHV input of your projector.

See here: http://www.curtpalme.com/CRTPrimer_17.shtm

Also, if you are going to set up a home theater, I'd recommend buying a CRT projector that can at least do 1080i. With the prices the way they are, you can get a decent 1080i capable projector for a few hundred dollars. Plus the newer projector will likely have digital convergence with memory.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a thread on here about the spacers for that projector.

Good luck finding it though, the search engine doesn't seem to be working that great for me.

Someone had posted the dimensions for the 120 spacers.

If you find it and could post the sizes for your spacers that would be great.

I "think" I might have built out my spacers on the 120 to shorten the throw distance.

For some reason there are only two pages of posts for the "CRT Projectors" forum.

Does anyone know where the rest of the posts went?

·
Registered
374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_avguy /forum/post/14233462

For some reason there are only two pages of posts for the "CRT Projectors" forum.

Does anyone know where the rest of the posts went?

At the bottom of the page look for "Display Options" you probably have it set to "Last Week" or "Last 10 Days". Change it to beginning and all the threads will reappear.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtaint /forum/post/14235157

At the bottom of the page look for "Display Options" you probably have it set to "Last Week" or "Last 10 Days". Change it to beginning and all the threads will reappear.

Thanks I forgot about that.

But the search function still won't return my posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts