AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a panasonic PT-106 on the weekend about 2 hours from Sydney, pulled off the lens on the green tube, and the tube looked absolutely prisitne.

Havta decide wether I want it or not - anyone know much about them or what one with minty tubes would be worth?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not worth a huge amount, maybe $500 if your lucky, I have one myself sitting in my shed in storage, I do have the user manual in electronic format if you need it.

Regards,

Tim

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um yeah, it would be great if you could shoot me the manual - it was an interesting looking beastie, but I wasn't sure what it would scan to etc.

If I end up not wanting it, anyone can PM me and I will pass on the current owner's details.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had one of these a number of years back.

Quite noisy and all analog controls.

IMO not really worth the trouble these days. You'd be better off with a Sony 12xx or Barco 8XX.

I think from memory it only scanned to 31.5 (line doubled)

Mark

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Yep, it'll line double and it's bizarrely LIQUID COUPLED.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a PT-105 that doesn’t fire up…

First I would love a manual dokworm if you can send me one…

I really want to get my Panasonic running, it too has minty tubes plus think I have two more sets of NEW tubes for this projector. It’s unfortunate that the chassis is not digital but analog, any install I do will be mounted secure so I don’t have to mess adjusting it later. (Not a good table mount model)

What I want to do with mine is mount it in the attic shining at an angel down toward the master bedroom. Then in the bedroom I mount a rear screen on an angle so you can view it perfectly from the bed. It’s kind of hard to describe but I have been crunching the numbers for sometime and it should work great. I want to use this PJ because of owning many New tubes for it, I don’t want to do all the work modifying the ceiling just for the tubes to give out, I want it to work forever, or close;) Line doubling is ok for me due to the smaller size screen it will be projecting to, I have several 12xx 8xx and 808 for larger screens, darn cant remember how many PJ’s I have now was it 10 or 12?

Anyways a manual would be great!!! Also if somebody doesn’t want their Panasonic PJ give me a shout I require the HV power supply and probably many other parts. Closest to Wisconsin wins;)

Pat

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, you have your own angel ?!?

Ninja has the manuals, not me, so if you PM ninja you should be able to get a copy.

Yeah I was surprised to see the LC system when I pulled the lens off, its a shame the tubeface is so small.

I was thinking of picking it up as another gaming rig, but I probably should give it a miss and save up for an iscan HD or something useful I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.