Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Does anyone know anything about the Panasonic PT-200 (CRT size, RGB bandwidth, max resolution, brightness, etc.)? The company I work for has one they are looking to get rid of, but I can't find any info on these (or any other Panasonic CRT, for that matter). Thanks in advance,

Giskard

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hi Giskard,

I sold and setup 3 of these about a year ago.

They are 7" crt's, liquid coupled even. Don't remember the lumens...700 I think.

One was set up with a DVDO doubler. It looked very nice, the crt's were in perfect shape.

They will scan to 37KHz horizontal.

It is an analog chassis.

The PT-200 would be comparable to a Sony VPH-1031Q.

I have sold and setup over a dozen of the Sony's.

If the tubes are in good shape, I think the PT-200 has a slightly better picture......

Hope this helps some.......

Regards, Drew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks a lot! It really helps to have something to compare it to. I'm also looking at some of the Sonys. Still trying to figure out if I want a cheaper stopgap projector to use for DVD watching for the time being (i.e. this PT-200 or a Sony 1031q or 125Xq) or take the plunge and get an HDTV set right now (i.e. Sony 127X). I guess it will depend on how much I like the Panasonic (I should be able to demo it before I make a decision) and how cheap I can get it. Later,

Giskard

Quote:
Originally posted by Drew Packard
Hi Giskard,

I sold and setup 3 of these about a year ago.

They are 7" crt's, liquid coupled even. Don't remember the lumens...700 I think.

One was set up with a DVDO doubler. It looked very nice, the crt's were in perfect shape.

They will scan to 37KHz horizontal.

It is an analog chassis.

The PT-200 would be comparable to a Sony VPH-1031Q.

I have sold and setup over a dozen of the Sony's.

If the tubes are in good shape, I think the PT-200 has a slightly better picture......

Hope this helps some.......

Regards, Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.