AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying this Unit and was wondering if anyone had favorable or unfavorable things to say about it. I searched and didn't find anything about the LCX65 so I thought I'd ask. Do you know if this tv can do 720p?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
However that is not necessarily a bad thing.

It is a good value in a RP-LCD. It likely has, to some degree, the same shortcomings of the genre: some Chromatic aberration, some vertical banding, not the blackest black.

But it's wonderfully bright, sharp, saturated colors, good pixel refresh/response rates.

Do you have any more specific questions?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want to make sure it doesn't have blur problems or pixel problems and can support 720P (ya know... for xbox 360) clears all those?

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
You mean like motion blur? Shouldn't be a problem ... lots of gamers around here have these Panny sets ... this year's (x65), last years (x64/lc14), year before that (lc/x13/63) ... never seen a complaint about blur. 720p native, so 720p sources are razor-sharp. There is typically some overscan so PC setup can be initially challenging, but can be done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
On Panasonic's web site it says that it says...

HDTV Compatibility-480p/1080i

I've had mine for about a month and love it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had one and hated it. The picture is very soft and the screen door effect and silk screen effect is very noticeable. PS2 also looked horrible on it. HDTV had no pop whatsoever.

Buy the new Sony 42a10 - I just did and it is much better all around, and it retails for less. Check out the official Grand Wega V A10 thread in this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.