1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Sorry if its being asked before.

I just bought MadDog AGP card based on GeForce4 MX 4000. It has

DVI, VGA and S-video output.

I'd like to connect the PC to the TV. I read in the manual that the HDMI port should not be used to connect a PC to the TV. They recommend to use the VGA port. The resolution of the TV is 1280x720. They recommend to use 1024x768 when connecting a PC to the TV's VGA port.

Can I connect the TV at 1280x720 if the card supports it ? Or the TV itself doesnt support VGA input at 1280x720 ? I'd like to get the 16:9 quality from the PC so that I can watch DVD or pre-recorded programs. The PC is going to run MythTV.

Also, if you set the Horizontal Scan too high accidently, can you permanently damage the TV ? I think it has to be at 60Hz as per the manual.

Thanks

Mudit

· Registered
34 Posts
If you hook it up through the VGA input, you will only get 800x600 at 4:3... this is from my experience..

so I hooked mine up via dvi->hdmi and was able to do 1280x720 but the desktop goes off of the screen .. so I cannot see my taskbar and the left/right of the desktop is cut off....

I also tried to use powerstrip to set the resolution to 1200x675 but that did not help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.