AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I have been lurking for the past month or so in preparation of purchasing a new 50"-60" RPTV. I have learned a lot from the this forum so a big thanks to those who have contributed.

My query to the forum is....has anyone compared the Panasonic PT-52DL52 to the other DLP sets? I saw a Panasonic this weekend at Tweeter (HiFi Buy) and was blown away with the picture as compared to Sony LCD and Samsung DLPs (M series). Is it just me? Perhaps the other TVs where de-tuned.

I have noticed quite a variation in picture quality (both HD and SD) from store to store. Just wanted to find out if any one else has seen this set.

Most notably, while watching CNN there was a large amount of white bleed through when viewing white text on a black background (White House logo). The images where also far less blocky on the Panasonic.

I tried unsuccessfully to find another Panasonic to verify the results.

Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I shared your positive impressions of the picture on the Panny. It is brighter and "punchier" than the Sammy DLPs, and appears to do a much better job on SD material.

The downside for me was the "flicker" problem that from all accounts appears to be widespread on this set. There is a lengthy thread on this topic elsewhere on this forum. I have seen the flicker myself, and it can go from barely noticable to aggravatingly bad.

Personally, I also have some problems with "fatique" when watching DLP sets over extended periods, so this kind of strobed-display technology just didn't seem right for me.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vcody
I had the same reaction as BTDT--more punch, but concerns about the reported flicker.
I have had one for about a month and have seen no sign of flicker or strobing on any input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.