AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While looking at the suggested sites to find info on calibarting my Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTV, I noticed in Gene Lockaby's review it said this:

"Some early information from Panasonic Web BB on this set is inaccurate. For example, all aspect control options are available for all video inputs, i.e. component (HD and DVD) as well as NTSC inputs. The BB had advised that aspect controls were only available on NTSC inputs."

Am I to understand that the Panasonic can use its own Zoom mode, etc. even with High Definition and 480P material? I remember reading repeatedly that this set could not do that and that the Toshibas were the only ones that could. If this is not the case and the Panasonic CAN zoom, etc. with progressive inputs, then I'm probably better off getting a DVDO line doubler than a progressive DVD player at this point since I could then get a good picture with letterboxed laserdiscs and NTSC sources as well.

Could someone please verify for me if this set is indeed capable of using its aspect ratio controls with progressive sources? Thank you.

(I've emailed Gene as well to make sure I understood what he was saying correctly and for reverification as well). I may be buying a DVDO after all....

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Gordon,

On the original 56" Panasonic, the PT56WXF90, the aspect controls do *not* work for 480p and 1080i sources. I'm fairly sure they don't work on the ...95. But you'll have to get someone with the ..95 (I have the ..90) to verify.

Jerry

·
Registered
42 Posts
GORDON

I HAVE A 95 AND THE ANSWER IS NO. THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE WITH YOUR STB DECODER

RICHARD

[This message has been edited by richard-s (edited 04-28-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.