AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just wanted to let those interested in the Panasonic PT-AE300 that it will be available in the US soon after Christmas. I located a US dealer who will be selling it at a very good price. They are also going to throw in a Panasonic progressive scan DVD player (RP62) for free. Just private message me for the info.

I was very interested in the following PJ's:Sanyo Z1, Infocus X1, Sony Hs-10

Panasonic AE-300, Sharp m20x. However I just checked out the plans for the new condo I recently purchased and discovered that I am limited in space. I have around 8 or 9 feet from where the pj will be positioned to the wall, so I need a pj with a very short throw lens. This fact eliminates a few of my choices, the Sony HS-10 for sure, the Infocus X1 and the Sharp m20s(don't really care because I have heard the sharp has had some reliability issues). That leaves me the Sanyo Z1=81" image at 8 feet, and the Panasonic AE200 and AE300=also an 81" image at 8 feet. The Sony would have only given me a 62" image and the Infocus=63"image.

Presently I am leaning toward the Panasonic AE-300 because it would probably be better for HDTV.

Cheers Doug

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Doug,

Sounds like a good choice. Remember that if you have it a little while and decide that you want a bigger image you can get a shorter throw (80% of original) lens for $380 list. I don't know if those lenses will come down in price, but they were selling for about list last time I checked. The Panasonic engineers indicated that swapping lenses is as easy as unscrewing one and screwing the other one on. I would appreciate it if you could PM me the info.

Thanks,

Darin

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Doug,

I am in the market for a FPTV, and I would be interested in some info on the AE-300.

Thanks,

Fred

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
out of curiosity, why do you think the ae300 will be better for HDTV compared to the z1? Both are pretty much the same resolution. The smoothscreen in the ae300 maybe? I don't know if that'd make it better for HDTV but it does sound like a neat feature to have if one hates screendoor and plans to sit fairly close.

I wish I had some damn hdtv access so I could test out the z1 with it. god damn cogeco.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.