AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my Panasonic PT-AE300E through mailorder and am very happy about the image quality and fan noise. However, after the first few days I got a slight whiny sound everytime I run it, and it seems to be getting worse. Turns out it's not the ventilation at all; it's my wife telling me to get those damn cables and machines out of the middle of the living room ;-)

So I found a new spot that will work greatly (out of the way, near ideal height, close to PC, cable, amp and DVD) if I get a pulldown screen. It's on a landing above my living room where I need to project down onto an opposite wall. Given the bias of the PJ for projecting upward, I have to put the projector on the landing floor upside down and slightly tilted. Has anyone had any experience with putting this projector upside down (or can think of any potential problems)? I'm thinking of putting some rubber studs in to keep vibrations from hurting the machine.

Any advise welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well, when they are ceiling mounted they are actually upside down. The bottom has mount points that you screw the plate too, turn it over and then mount the plate to the pole. No Problems, ther're designed to be normal way or upside down.

·
Registered
499 Posts
all you have to do is go in the menu and make sure that if its upside down select ceiling mode, that way everything will be right side up

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I have mine upside down on mounted in a wooden box that I made specifically for it. I just bought the little round/square rubber feet from Home Depot and stuck them on the corners to give it a little clearance. But I don't think it even needs that because all the controls are flush.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had to put mine upside down on a shelf behind my sofa. I didn't feel comfortable actually putting it upside down directly on the shelf, so I built a little ceiling mount for it, and put that on the shelf.

I need to move it again soon to a higher shelf, maybe I'll just make a little box to put it in upside down...

-Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.