Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte /forum/post/17318547

Link to a video about the new PJ.

Thanks, Lorjam.

Guys, this is a serious price drop which will spark competitors in rethinking their pricing on some of the new models that came out.

Could we see prices dropping on other units by year end?

This will be very interesting to see what happens.

I dont own a PJ, but now I have these three on my list:

1) Sony VPL - HW 15

2) Mitsubishi HC3800

3) Panasonic AE4000

I hope to see all three of these in the future.

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the Epson is brighter so maybe in a room with light it is the better choice.

It looks like the Panny will thoroughly trounce the Epson in a light controlled theater though.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
100,000 to 1 contrast, frame interpolation, lens memory, lens shift for under 2 large? Yeah, the game has changed...

The AE3000 was an excellent projector, this looks better in every way.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Very cool, however MSRP is $2,499.00

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts
Can the mods merge the other thread into this one?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd given up my dreams of a CIH setup due to the associated costs... now its back on the table. Its between this and the Mitsubishi HC3800 for me.

This PJ is a game-changer for sure.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 /forum/post/17318788

Very cool, however MSRP is $2,499.00

MSRP is $2499.00 according to the press release, but Panasonic projectors have a history of a street price well under MSRP immediately upon introduction. That's in contrast to Epson projectors, where MSRP really seems to mean MSRP, except for announced rebates.

Evan's review doesn't say that the MSRP will be $1999, only that that the street price will be. Presumably he means MSRP of $2499 but MAP of $1999?

·
Registered
161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowWowz /forum/post/17318818

I'd given up my dreams of a CIH setup due to the associated costs... now its back on the table. Its between this and the Mitsubishi HC3800 for me.

This PJ is a game-changer for sure.

Notice PC review shows street price, which would be the retail price of $1999. This makes sense since the MSRP itself will reflect the $2499.

Thus MSRP OR LIST = $2499

Sales Price/Retail Price = $1999, so maybe this thread header should be changed. This is how I understand it. Still fantastic price and I hope other competitors will drop prices so I can have more options

Dave

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Oh happy days!...The only sad news is I just put a new bulb in my 3000U and now someone is going to be able to steal it from me...

·
Registered
4,939 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Thacker /forum/post/17318872

MSRP is $2499.00 according to the press release, but Panasonic projectors have a history of a street price well under MSRP immediately upon introduction. That's in contrast to Epson projectors, where MSRP really seems to mean MSRP, except for announced rebates.

Evan's review doesn't say that the MSRP will be $1999, only that that the street price will be. Presumably he means MSRP of $2499 but MAP of $1999?

I agree and saw they mentioned street on the review. To the left of that review it shows MSRP $2,499, my post was in regards to the title of the thread so I just wanted to clarify. I'm loving 1,999.00 for this projector though.

·
Banned
2,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahead /forum/post/17318949

Looks like panasonic is throwing down the Gaunlet.Pretty much PUTS Sony JVC EPSON ect out of buisness.

If not, they'll be eating macaroni and cheese for a while...lol...

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 /forum/post/17319004

I agree and saw they mentioned street on the review. To the left of that review it shows MSRP $2,499, my post was in regards to the title of the thread so I just wanted to clarify. I'm loving 1,999.00 for this projector though.

Yep. I imagine that Epson's "undetermined MSRP but below $3000" for the 8500UB just dropped a bit.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd never thought it, this is very exciting. I've been looking at pjs for I while now and my room is almost ready.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just posted this in another thread but... has anyone seen the updated price of the 3000? I checked last night and couldnt believe how low it was. Just checked again..WOW! Should I pull the trigger or wait for the 4000?

1 - 20 of 8730 Posts