AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 8730 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts

... I'm a little taken back by this entry... I was under the impression Panasonic wasn't going to release any new models this year. I could have sworn I read that somewhere. Guess don't believe everything you read comes into play here.

This is great and all, but a bummer for me who has been agonizing over which of the new breeds to get. Finally settled on the Epson 8100 and now this contender drops in. I wonder what Sanyo's gona do now? Do they also have a new one coming too? Seems like every year the Panasonics and Sanyos battle it out...

This cycle never ends! haha... I should take the advice from a PM i got to just pic a projector and never return back here until it dies.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I believe panasonic now owns Sanyo so no more "duking it out".

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I've had dlp's and lcd's..and both are good. Dlp's tend to have a noiser fan though...which usually leads me back to a nice, quiet lcd. With everything this thing offers....it's a great deal. And huge screens in smaller rooms require smoothscreen IMHO.

I'm interested to see how it fares against the Sony...

·
Registered
990 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragster /forum/post/17321965

VERY NICE! Just reached over 2700 hours on my VP4001. This will be a worthy upgrade once my Marantz hits the dust.

My 3+ year old Optoma HD70 only has around 600-700 hours and yet I am still itching to buy this AE4000U!!! I can't wait. For me the switch is revolving around my plans to move to a 120-135" 2.35 CIH setup and away from my 100" 16:9 setup. And I won't mind the deeper blacks.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm preparing myself to get very angry at Panasonic Canada's MSRP.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benareeno /forum/post/17322143

Don't get angry, just buy it from the states.

Thats what I am planning on doing. What are the warranty options for us Canadians who are going to be ordering this projector from the states?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just put in my preorder with projectorpeople! I almost bought the AE3000 yesterday when they dropped the price, and I thought that was a good deal. I'm so glad I waited until today!

·
Registered
141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenithPete /forum/post/17322411

Did they have any confirmation of price or release date?

$1999 and "end of October."

·
Registered
529 Posts
Looks like they read the press release......hopefully it's an accurate one. Me, I'll be looking for 1999 at least and a place where you can use bing.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintchris /forum/post/17322373

Thats what I am planning on doing. What are the warranty options for us Canadians who are going to be ordering this projector from the states?

No warranty.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBuster /forum/post/17322555

No warranty.

Can we buy any kind of extended warranty from Panasonic Canada or some other warranty place? I just cant justify paying double up here.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintchris /forum/post/17322668

Can we buy any kind of extended warranty from Panasonic Canada or some other warranty place? I just cant justify paying double up here.

I've heard people talk about Mack warranties, but I know nothing about it.

I think we would be paying for shipping+duty+taxes.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benareeno /forum/post/17322143

Don't get angry, just buy it from the states.

Exactly...in a few weeks, our dollar will be on par again anyways...

41 - 60 of 8730 Posts