AVS Forum banner

8721 - 8730 of 8730 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Well, it's getting stranger and stranger... I handed off the projector to the local shop to repair the cyan-haze and to clean the projector inside... Instead of repairing it they told me the LCDs are damaged and broke the blue color filter by trying to clean the panasonic - for sure by using high pressure... :rolleyes: The LCDs are pretty fine, I would guess... Instead I kept in mind that it could be even the polarizer...

After all I contacted and spoke to an engineer from the shop where I'd liked to repair the polarizer - they told me it would be not a big deal to replace the color filter. After they seen the images I took from the screen they told me, that my polarizers are in good shape - just by looking to these images. They said the haze would be provided by a bad and cheap lamp...

As far as I've seen the current lamp is a codalux... Do you think it is possible, that a cheap bulb could cause such strange things like cyan haze? Don't know what to believe and what not to :D

Countless times I’ve seen people in this forum trying to fix color problems by replacing the lamp. Never I’ve seen a new lamp fixing color problems. If this works, it would be the first time for me. But I’m not a technician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts
In need of a replacement lamp. Last time I purchased a genuine Panasonic lamp/filter from B&H. Before I do that again, I found this one that seems to be legit. Anyone had any experience with them?

https://www.projectorlampsource.com/panasonic_pt-ae4000u_lamp.html
What do mean by legit? It's a clone that uses a bulb similar to what is in an original Panasonic lamp. I'm sure it does not come with a new filter.

And of course the price is too low to be a genuine Panasonic lamp.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I suppose I was swayed by their statement of "All Original Projector Lamps Guaranteed" which may be the case, but as you say, doesn't mention a filter.
Do you know if Provantage still a good source?

·
Registered
15,789 Posts
I'd say it's fake too:

- the price is way to low
- they don't use the blue, trademark "Panasonic" logo in the ad like B and H does, for example: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/655353-REG/Panasonic_ET_LAE4000_Replacement_Lamp_for_PT_AE4000.html
- no mention of a replacement filter yet we know legit ones always come with that and Panasonic manuals say the new filter should be used as well, so it isn't just a perk: you need it.

Provantage, AGI, B&H, and Panasonic parts directly are the only sources I trust.

Here's the real McCoy, by the way, with the trademark font logo "Panasonic" right on the lamp itself:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Just curious: I have a 4000U projector with only 325 original hours, I put it in storage after buying a different model, wondering what its worth, I am looking to sell this to a friend with my 110" 2.35:1 spandex screen, wondering if 500 bucks for both is a good deal for him, or too high for age of PJ? I think my buddy and his kids want to use it for gaming as well as sports and some movies, so looking to see what some would think, thanks!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Just curious: I have a 4000U projector with only 325 original hours, I put it in storage after buying a different model, wondering what its worth, I am looking to sell this to a friend with my 110" 2.35:1 spandex screen, wondering if 500 bucks for both is a good deal for him, or too high for age of PJ? I think my buddy and his kids want to use it for gaming as well as sports and some movies, so looking to see what some would think, thanks!
Hi,

most of these are on eBay for $400-500, which honestly I think is a bit expensive, as the much better AP-AE8000 usually is sold on auction from $500 to $700. I would probably buy a PT-AE4000 with the low hours of yours for up to $350, no more.

Reactions: TheaterChad

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody here still using the PT-AE4000 who has tried to fix the fan noise? I think the larger fan under the optical block is making noise, but I am not completely sure that it is that one. Stopping the two fans that are accessible (lamp and power supply) when the projector is running doesn't yield an improvement in the noise, so I wonder if it is one of the two fans under the block. Does anyone know the part number / replacement fan type for it? I guess it should be some standard fan like the fans for the PSU and lamp are. The service manual doesn't seem to reveal a Panasonic part number for the fans.

8721 - 8730 of 8730 Posts