AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Lilo,

BTW, where's Stitch? Sorry couldn't resist. This is a strange comparison. One PJ is native 720p LCD the other is a SVGA DLP. Please give us some more info on room size, where the PJ can be mounted (ie, ceiling or floor), how far for minimum and maximum throw distance, how big of a screen you would like and what aspect ratio. Is your environment light controlled? A little more background info will help us help you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will buy the projector for DVD films, I live in a PAL country. the maximum throw distance is 3,3 meters (10,5 feet) and I would like to have a screen of 90" of diagonal. I have a Sony 730 DVD player with componet output, also I have a PC with radeon 8500 with DVI plug. I never seen the PQ of Panasonic PT-AE500, but I have seen the Sharp Z91 one. I think than Sharp have a good PQ for me but a low resolution. I'm waiting for your suggestion.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lilo
I think than Sharp have a good PQ for me but a low resolution.
That's pretty much how things are going to shake out. The Sharp will have a lower absolute black level, the 500 wins in resolution. The vertical banding/FPN problem is something to consider with the LCD. You have to decide if the trade off in resolution is worth not dealing with the limitations of the LCD technology. You might look into the Optoma H30, it seems to be making a good impression early here in the forum and is priced agressively. Same resolution as the Sharp but pixel structure is more difficult to see according to some.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,

but I think that Optoma H30 don't give me the possibility of 90" diagonal screen for 3,3 meters (10,5 fett) of throw distance. Someone say that the image is completely different, LCD and DLP shows differente color. It is real ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't believe the Sharp Z90 will give you a 90" diagonal image at 3.3 meters either -- it is a long-throw projector. You would need the Sharp DT-200 which is identical to the Z90 except it is shorter throw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.