AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took long time to decide which projector should I buy.. after that

I preferred the Sony and I paid 50% for the Sony vpl-vw90es and it will be arrived after 10 days...

but after I took a look again on some projectors specially when I sow the new Panasonic I started to be undecided.......

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me my mind is going to explooooooooooooooode.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
You do realize that the Sony is a much higher end unit..correct?

Don't get too caught up in the hype, the spec's are meaningless.

·
Registered
JVC RS3100 | Benq HT9050 | MADVR | 130in 2.35:1 | 5.2.2
5,859 Posts
For 2D, the Sony will be significantly better. 3D it might be the panny, but a $500 3D projector is better than the Sony in 3D, in certain aspects.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Keeping in the same price range, the new Sony VPL-HW30ES (just begain shipping) would compete against the announced, but not yet released, Panasonic AE7000. As for the Sony VW90ES (that came out in 2010), I would hold off to check out the new VW95ES that may be released in the same timeframe as the new Panasonic, or just a little later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesyah /forum/post/20786738

You do realize that the Sony is a much higher end unit..correct?

Don't get too caught up in the hype, the spec's are meaningless.

yes I think. if the spec's are meaningless, where should I look then?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 /forum/post/20786763

For 2D, the Sony will be significantly better. 3D it might be the panny, but a $500 3D projector is better than the Sony in 3D, in certain aspects.

what do you mean by $500?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones /forum/post/20787025

Keeping in the same price range, the new Sony VPL-HW30ES (just begain shipping) would compete against the announced, but not yet released, Panasonic AE7000. As for the Sony VW90ES (that came out in 2010), I would hold off to check out the new VW95ES that may be released in the same timeframe as the new Panasonic, or just a little later.

is there VW95ES coming? where? what about the specification and the price?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hutnicki /forum/post/20789231

A Sony 90 and a Panasonic AE7000 are not in the same league or price range

big difference in price. but what do you mean ( not in the same league )? Quality???

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidanin /forum/post/20789864

yes I think. if the spec's are meaningless, where should I look then?

Do you have any where you can go and view projectors in general?

Certain or most companies hype the spec's in order to draw more attention.

Just because one states magical numbers in contrast doesn't mean it will have the most dynamic image.

The Sony is built to a higher standard in performance. Hence the much higher price of ownership.

It would be better for you to see projectors from different manufactures and compare yourself.

There are a few sites that do REAL measurements and give you a true sense of the differences. Sites like http://translate.google.com/translat...%26prmd%3Divns

is a good place to start. Go to the projector testing section and read as much as you can.

The Sony has a native contrast around 20,000:1 per this particular site. I would be surprised if native on the Panny is more than 5000:1.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesyah /forum/post/20790120

Do you have any where you can go and view projectors in general?

Certain or most companies hype the spec's in order to draw more attention.

Just because one states magical numbers in contrast doesn't mean it will have the most dynamic image.

The Sony is built to a higher standard in performance. Hence the much higher price of ownership.

It would be better for you to see projectors from different manufactures and compare yourself.

There are a few sites that do REAL measurements and give you a true sense of the differences. Sites like http://translate.google.com/translat...%26prmd%3Divns

is a good place to start. Go to the projector testing section and read as much as you can.

The Sony has a native contrast around 20,000:1 per this particular site. I would be surprised if native on the Panny is more than 5000:1.

thank you very much all of you dears for your help..

Mr.Joesyah thanks for your help..

see Iam from Saudi Arabia. and no where to review even the site you gave me is blocked here. I used to take the information from the net. that's why Iam here.

I understand from you the Sony VPL-VW90ES is good one. right?

or I should wait for the new one (VW95ES)????

Iam learning new things here

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidanin /forum/post/20790401

thank you very much all of you dears for your help..

Mr.Joesyah thanks for your help..

see Iam from Saudi Arabia. and no where to review even the site you gave me is blocked here. I used to take the information from the net. that's why Iam here.

I understand from you the Sony VPL-VW90ES is good one. right?

or I should wait for the new one (VW95ES)????

Iam learning new things here

Ok, I understand now. If you're not in a rush and don't mind waiting a few months, the Sony VW95 could be an option.

How large is your screen and what is the estimated projector distance from the screen? You have other options in that price range as well. Is this site blocked http://www.projectorreviews.com/home...projectors.php ? It is another good site to find info on current offerings. A Runco LS5 or Optoma 8700 will fall in your price range.

·
Registered
JVC RS3100 | Benq HT9050 | MADVR | 130in 2.35:1 | 5.2.2
5,859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidanin /forum/post/0

what do you mean by $500?

I was saying an inexpensive projector that cost about $500 like the Benq 600+, Acer 5360, or Optoma GT720 can do non ghosting when other expensive projector have trouble with it.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
No one will know until the two projectors can be set up side by side, but I'd put money on the AE7000 being underspec when measured for on/off and calibrated lumens, judging by the previous AE1000-4000 (I owned the first three models myself).

As said above, don't get sucked into the hype: New models are always fantastic, then the niggles start, then finally as the next new model comes out they become rubbish. This isn't true as I'm still enjoying a near 3 year old HD350/RS10 (albeit calibrated with a newish Lumagen Mini3D).

·
Registered
7,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidanin /forum/post/20789929

is there VW95ES coming? where? what about the specification and the price?

By multiple reports the VW95 will be introduced by Sony at the IFA (Germany) and CEDIA (USA) trade shows in early September. HERE is the discussion thread. While many people have assumed the VW95 would be the replacement for the VW90, according to Mark Haflich (AVS National Sales Manager) the VW95 will be a replacement for the VW85 in Sony's new projector line-up. It is likely that Sony will also be announcing a new flagship model at IFA/CEDIA that is perhaps significantly more expensive than the current price of the VW95..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesyah /forum/post/20790420

Ok, I understand now. If you're not in a rush and don't mind waiting a few months, the Sony VW95 could be an option.

How large is your screen and what is the estimated projector distance from the screen? You have other options in that price range as well. Is this site blocked http://www.projectorreviews.com/home...projectors.php ? It is another good site to find info on current offerings. A Runco LS5 or Optoma 8700 will fall in your price range.

I am already tired of waiting to have the money and waiting for the projector. the problem is, no specification or even a price for the vw95 yet so I can think or wait.

when my projector is here I am gana ask my friend who work in Sony company about the vw95 and if possible to cancel or exchange it without putting him in trouble. he have good benefits .

for the screen, the standard one that come with the projector 90" I think. but I like the big one.also planing to buy the best and big screen later.

and the projector will be for life unlike some people.

yes its a good site I use to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Friends thank you very much for your help and support.

I really appreciate that.

every day learning new things.

I must tell you that I am not good in English so if I said something wrong or non-understandable don't misunderstand me.

waiting for more...

·
Registered
7,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaidanin /forum/post/20818381

hello freinds

is there any news about vw95 or at least specification, price?????

No news that I have seen, but I fully expect the vw95 to be priced @ $9999 MSRP. Given the deals you can get on a vw90 new, or even better used, the vw90 is a terrific deal.

When Mark said the vw95 will be a replacement for the vw85, I'm not sure if that is good news or not. The vw85 had slightly lower performance specs compared to the vw90, so I am hoping the vw95 has atleast the same on/off contrast as the vw90.

If the vw95 ends up being a vw90 with the hw30 3D upgrade and 16:9 & 21:9 lens zoom setting presets, will that be worth $2-3K more than a good deal on a vw90? You can already do a lens zoom between 16:9 and 21:9 screen masking on the vw90, it's just not automated.

Perhaps the confusion is what Sony means when they say Flag Ship projector.

I assume (which is dangerous) that the vw95 will be an upgrade to the vw90 as far as head to head comparison of performance specs and features. I also assume the Flag Ship replacement is something entirely different, with speculation of possibly a 21:9 SXRD panel or a 4K panel. However, I also assume this will be the new $14K+ Sony projector to take out the vw200.

We don't have very much longer to wait.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts