AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, I just found this forum because I need help with a situation I'm in.

Currently I own a Acer H7531D projector. I'm very happy about the quality it delivers. Last week I got an offer to buy a brand new Panasonic PT-AH1000E for a very very good price. 

I compared the two and came to the conclusion that the Panasonic PT-AH1000E is better when it comes to ANSI-lumen and contrastratio. The Panasonic PT-AH1000E also claims that they have used technologies like Dynamic Iris Pro, Pure Color Filter Pro and Detail Clarity Processor 3 which should benefit the quality of the picture.

My current projector (Acer H7531D) is DLP. The PT-AH1000E is LCD. If I should believe all the comparison articles, DLP can deliver better quality over LCD. On the other hand, my Acer projector costs around 750 euro and the Panasonic currently sells for around 1700 euro. If I look at the price, I'll almost automatically assume the Panasonic has the be a hell lot better then my current projector.

I would really like to know if it's really worth to go for the Panasonic PT-AH1000E. Money is not the issue so I just want to know if the difference in quality is as big as the price tag. 

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropshot85  /t/1520315/panasonic-pt-ah1000e-or-acer-h7531d#post_24422506

Hi, I just found this forum because I need help with a situation I'm in.

Currently I own a Acer H7531D projector. I'm very happy about the quality it delivers. Last week I got an offer to buy a brand new Panasonic PT-AH1000E for a very very good price. 

I compared the two and came to the conclusion that the Panasonic PT-AH1000E is better when it comes to ANSI-lumen and contrastratio. The Panasonic PT-AH1000E also claims that they have used technologies like Dynamic Iris Pro, Pure Color Filter Pro and Detail Clarity Processor 3 which should benefit the quality of the picture.

My current projector (Acer H7531D) is DLP. The PT-AH1000E is LCD. If I should believe all the comparison articles, DLP can deliver better quality over LCD. On the other hand, my Acer projector costs around 750 euro and the Panasonic currently sells for around 1700 euro. If I look at the price, I'll almost automatically assume the Panasonic has the be a hell lot better then my current projector.

I would really like to know if it's really worth to go for the Panasonic PT-AH1000E. Money is not the issue so I just want to know if the difference in quality is as big as the price tag. 

The Panasonic PT-AH1000E is the non-USA version of the AR100U projector. There are two dedicated threads in this forum.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1428735/the-official-panasonic-pt-ar100u-owners-thread

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1358778/panasonic-pt-ar100-msrp-1-999-4000u-replacement-kind-of

You have pretty much described the differences (on paper) between these two projectors. I doubt you are going to find anyone here who has owned both projectors to give you input on selecting one over the other. I've owned the AR100U (2800+ hours) for the past two years and have been very happy with it. I'm not sure why you feel the need to upgrade. Just for the brightness? The claimed contrast ratios on both projectors are the same - 50,000:1.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thank you for your reply. The reason why I consider the upgrade is because I can get the PT-AH1000E for 700 euro's with 30 months warranty left. I got an offer to sell my current projector for 500 euro with 12 months warranty left. The second reason is because the PT-AH1000E is capable of projecting a larger screen due to the bigger zoom in comparison with my current Acer projector. The last reason is because the PT-AH1000E is claiming they have al kind of enhancements that should provide better projection quality over the H7531D. 

So to sum it up. For paying 200 euro I can switch to a projector with a new bulb, more warranty, a bigger projection image and, if the extra features Panasonic build in this projector really works, the overall quality of the projection should be better. 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts