AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic PT-L300U, and it seems that when viewing in the 16:9 aspect ratio mode, the unit doesn't adhere to an actual 16x9 ratio. The image appears to be "scrunched" vertically (perhaps 5%) -- enough to detect that circles aren't round, etc. I'm wondering if:

a) this is a known problem with the model, or a problem with my unit

b) if the unit is firmware upgradable

c) if the problem exists with the newer AE700U

Thanks,

Nu

·
Registered
627 Posts
Never noticed such a "scrunch" when viewing DVD's with mine. I do notice that when viewing HDTV, the image does not completely fill the same screen, but it still retains the 1:78 to 1 ratio of HDTV.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm sure this problem is user error. First, do you have your DVD player set to 16:9 or 4:3 in the setup menu? What movie are you trying to watch?

Bobby

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Never saw that with my L300 either. My DVD player (RP91 - component inputs) was set to "Auto" for the format rather than 4:3 or 16:9 (the other 2 choices). It could be a format error on that DVD too (does it happen with all DVDs?). You should have the L300 set to 16:9 also (not "Zoom" or one of the other display size modes). Check the manual :eek:.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
you may be viewing a non-anamorphic dvd too...try viewing a known anamorphic dvd and see if your circles are actually circular :)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Does the Panny's have different options to adjust the picture, for ex., stretching 2.35 material to fit the height of the 16:9 picture? Maybe you are not using "Normal" mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.