AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using the iscan ultra with the panny 300? I can find a pretty good deal on the DVDO iscan ultra from an online seller. I own a Panny 300 and use it with a Denon 1600 DVD player. I have the projector ceiling mounted shooting to a 84 inch Elite screen, 1.78:1 via component cables from BlueJeans Cable that are 30 foot in length. Any thoughts on if using the iscan ultra with my setup would be much of difference to picture quality to justify the purchase? Can I get 1:1 pixel map via component with my panny 300 and the iscan ultra? Thanks

Robert

·
Registered
492 Posts
I am using an Panny 300 and an iScan Ultra, as well as shooting to a similarly sized screen over BlueJeans component cable!

I have found the iScan Ultra to be a wonderful addition. It really cleaned up the signal from the DVD player, and even makes watching DirecTV standard definition look relatively decent. You cannot get 1:1 with the iScan, it's just a deinterlacer and not a scaler. For scaling you need to get the iScan HD.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No 1:1 :( ok, I will not get any HD of any kind offered for a long time to come so this may be worth it… thanks for the info MBK!

Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.