AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is Faheem S. from CHicago, IL. and i strongly condiering buying the panny 75u projector. First of all let me say congrats to all the owner of this wonderful projector and thnaks for all ur reviews. I am very happy tat so many people had good experiences with this projectors. But my question is to the owners, if anyone could post pics of the projector in work it would be se helpful and appreciated. Thank you for all your help. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Faheem

let me be the first to welcome you to the forum and say that I am planning on adding some pics of the 75U in action soon (hopefully).

It won't be with the best of camera's but it'll give some idea at least.

There are already some pics of my HT up in the photo section where you can see the PJ itself.

Have fun in the forums,

DisTreSs

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks distress for all ur help i look forward to ur picture plus if its not to much trouble can u please stae how big ur screen is and is it 16:9 or 4"3 screen ...really appreciated it

·
Registered
297 Posts
lets try this

ugh horrible! I'll get around to posting better resoulution shots pos with a link to another site. Don't be dicouraged by this pic.

-bd

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i certainly get the idea and i mean no offense when i say this but i must agree when u resized the picture to tat small u did loose a lot of quality...i would certainly appreciated if u could post a better picture. thank u. plus if its not to much to ask how big is tat 16:9 screen and how far away do u sit from it. thank you for all ur help.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have two screens at the moment. One 6' wide portable pull down matt white and I sit about 9' from it . I believe thats the one in the shot. My other screen for now is 9' wide grey material about 15' away. I will try to get better pics up but I'm not sure when. Sorry for this tease of a pic Faheem. -Noam

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Bonedog-

I've been trying to figure out the throw distance of the 75U.

You stated you have a 6' screen on a portable pulldown...

How far away is the projector??

Also, where did you pick up the 6' portable pulldown? I've been deliberating with myself over a 75U or RPTV 46'. I'm seriously on the fence, all signs point to the 75u but the screen could be an issue. I have a 15x10 room and sitting 9' from a 6' screen would be pretty nice.

Any info would be appreciated. Also, your impressions at 9'???

THanks

G

·
Registered
297 Posts
The pj is near the sitting distance. I'll measure it later. It has a very wide throw. You don't need much space. The Panny website should have downloads with the throw chart.

re. RPTV vs PJ ; Regular cable via the viewsonic is barelyacceptable to me. If OTA non hdtv broadcast is your main purpose I'd go RPTV. Movies and HDTV however are a way cooler experience with the projector. The PQ with DVD's @ 9' is excelent. on the 6' wide screen. Very bright, hard to detect screendoor etc. I prefer a bigger image for the sheer impact of the size of it however. -bd

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the info bonedog.

I don't watch much TV - max out at maybe 5 hrs a week. Looking mostly for a way to get a big screen in a smallish space for DVD viewing. I'm also expecting to do a little computing(not much), lastly- I'm thinking about getting in on the powerbuy for the MyHD MDP-100 to get some HD OTA action. $299 isn't bad and since a HTPC will be driving and the 75u has 2 VGA ports it seems like a pretty cool setup.

Later

G

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Any more pics of the 75U in action?

·
Registered
697 Posts
hello

i have some pix i took them 15 min ago. i put them in zip file size about 1.95mb. so if you want me to email them to who wants to see them email me at [email protected]

best to view 25% size if you magnify pix you `ll loose resolution.

thanks

safaa

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi ~GEO~

The throw distance on the 75u is comparable to the 711xu. Panasonic has an online calculator you can use to get a rough idea of where the PJ needs to go. It's off by 5-10%, so definitely don't start drilling until you get the projector!

-Zak

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the pic looks good tats gona be my exact same setup...tat projector and tat parklnd screne...just got one question for u....is ur projecot in the 4:3 mode or 16:9 mode....because i know oceans elven is enahced for 16:9 screen so if ur projecotr is in the 16:9 mode it should ave goten rid of the lines on top and bottom....also wat size is ur screenn.....thanks

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi faheem5-

Both the projector and the DVD player (Panny R56) are in 16:9 mode. Ocean's Eleven is indeed a 16:9 enhanced movie, however the aspect ratio of the movie is 2.35:1. Most movies (with the exception of some titles like Shrek and HDTV) are not truly 16:9 aspect ratio. The projector still has to use bars on the top and bottom to display the image properly.

Good luck with your setup!

-Zak

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.