AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this set for approximately 4 years now. A couple of weeks ago my blue convergence went array and I was able to fix it in the user setting on the TV. Well now it went array again and i'm unable to fix it, the crosses just won't line up. Ive done a lot of research and I'm considering removing the back panel to see if I notice anything out of the ordinary. Is there a problem with this set that I will need a service tech to fix or is it something I can do on my own?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just fixed mine yesterday.

You need to be capable of using a soldering iron.

The convergence amp IC is defective. There are two in this model. With the back removed, you will see it mounted to a heat sink on your left. Oriented vertically. The original part number is STK392-110. It's available mail order from a number of companies. I got mine for $30. The failure mode is thermally related and is quite common. If you are not technical, I recommend finding some who knows their way around a circuit board. The whole board needs to be removed for the repair. The connectors on the right side are delicate. Good luck. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.