AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of questions, can this unit playback movies in 5.1 on up to date systems? Does it have Progressive scan or Component and is it easy too use, and how does it look if one where to transfer video from a DV Mini camcorder or Digital Hi8 Camcorder, if the quality is equal, I think it is worth buying... Otherwise you just have another media with the worse video quality then the source your using. Thanks for any help..

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just saw this Player at BB today, nice looking unit and full of analog inputs. Still pissed it doesn't have a firewire or DV input of somekind. It has Optical output, so I assume this will play Standard DVDs and play them back in 5.1. And it has component video to boot... Anyone have a good place to buy one, and what else is coming out soon?

Thanks..

Gar

·
Registered
36 Posts
Gar

How much was the unit at BB? I ordered one from ecost.com that should be here on Thursday.

The has price dropped to $729 now , not sure if they still have free shipping on purchases over $500. They do have a $17 handling fee though.

Paul

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Price, the unit is pretty cool looking. I want a Black one though... But that being said, it will only do Analog recording which has it limitations, it has 2 S-video ins and 2 outs along with composite, and Component outputs plus a Digital output via toslink. The question I have is, why wouldn't they include a firewire, most new camcorders have this... So I might wait for the Sony or the Pioneer. Still a great price, but I currently have a DVD-RW Drive in my computer, just haven't had time to use it yet...

Thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.