AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent my DMR-E15S yesterday to Panasonic for service after repeated U61 errors. How long does it usually take for a repair?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,660 Posts

T&M or the $130 flat rate? Either way I think the cost will exceed the worth of the machine, JMO. The ES-15 is a nice little DVDR(I have 3
) but towards the end anyway I picked up several NIB for $99. I just hope you don't end up with too much invested in the repair. If you can't fix it yourself it's kind of disposable.

That said most report a 2-3 week turn around from Panasonic in Elk Grove Il.

Earlier in the year anyway Panasonic.ca (Canada) still showed the ES-15 for sale, analog tuner and all. Now they just sell the EZs.


I guess for the $130 you currently can't find anything better, espically if you're OK with the analog tuner. Maybe repair is a option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroybrown /forum/post/15518573


I sent my DMR-E15S yesterday to Panasonic for service after repeated U61 errors. How long does it usually take for a repair?

If you sent your DMR-ES15 to the corporate Panasonic Digital Service Center in Elk Grove Village Illinois it should be back into your hands within two weeks. The $130 flat-rate repair that includes parts, labor and return shipping is somewhat expensive for a 2006 model that originally sold for around $150.


Your ES15 probably needs a replacement of the DVD Drive and Digital PCB "module." That "module" is described as "RFKNES15P RAM/DIGITAL PCB MODULE" and is currently priced at $149.92 if purchased through the Panasonic Parts Company.


I own three functional DMR-ES15 models, one with more than 3,000 recording hours since new, the other two with perhaps no more than 1,200 recording hours. In my opinion that $130 would be better spent on a more recent model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I added 3 years onto my original warranty for $149 and have had my DVR-EH75 repaired at Elk Grove twice. The first time, it was repaired and returned to me in less than a week. Second time, turnaround was much slower - somewhere between 2 & 3 weeks.


But in each case, I was exceptionally impressed with the service, and it's pushed Panasonic right up near the top in consideration for future product purchases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrillow /forum/post/15536456


I added 3 years onto my original warranty for $149 and have had my DVR-EH75 repaired at Elk Grove twice. The first time, it was repaired and returned to me in less than a week. Second time, turnaround was much slower - somewhere between 2 & 3 weeks.


But in each case, I was exceptionally impressed with the service, and it's pushed Panasonic right up near the top in consideration for future product purchases.

For those with high-end machines like the DMR-EH75 an extended warranty or the $130 flat-rate repair at Elk Grove Village are worthwhile investments.


If a DMR-EH75 requires replacement of the DVD Drive/Digital PCB Module (RFKNEH75VP RAM/DIGITAL PCB MODULE) the current retail price for these parts is $546.33


The following post mentions replacement of the same module on a DMR-EH55 where the current retail price for these parts is $633.20:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post15454624
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo /forum/post/15537409


For those with high-end machines like the DMR-EH75 an extended warranty or the $130 flat-rate repair at Elk Grove Village are worthwhile investments.

I almost always eschew extended warranties on consumer items, but have made two exceptions: my first VHS vcr (in 1979, when it was projected that heads may have to be replaced at 200 hours) and the EH-75. Both more than paid for the cost of the warranty in repairs.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top