Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had this unit for 2 years and all of a sudden it will no longer connect to the ReplayTV Service. I noticed this because there is no guide information. If I pick up the phone when it tries to connect I can hear it dialing and the RTV service answers. Understanding modem "talk" someone I can hear that the RTV service gets no response from the PVR and tries to renegotiate.

I checked my messages and it turns out it has not connected to the server in over 3 weeks.

Also is there any way that I can add my DirectTV locals channels to this receiver? There is no option in inputs and the TV starts at channel 100. I wish there was a way to emulate the RTV service to add my own channels and tv listings because there are also no PPV listings.

Any advice would be appreciated.

nix

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
First off unplug the TV for 1 minute then bot it up again. Try net connect again. Make sure the number format chosen is correct for your phone service. If it is still no good then download the latest local number list.

Go to zipcode screen in telephone setup

Press "stop" to delete zipcode

Press "Back arrow" to go back one screen

Press "enter" to go forward one screen

Enter zipcode (these steps trick the software into dialing in for local numbers) and press "enter"

Select new local number

Keep changes on exit

Do a 243 zones "net connect" to test number.

If still no good try another local number.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
Is this the combo unit?
Yes this is the Combo TV/PVR

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Hey, I got one of those pvss2710s.

See? he left it unplugged all night. Tellin ya.. there's alot of those..

Unplugging it for 5 min or 2 hours 47 times isn't the same as leaving it unplugged for a day(or night). Those electricity bears hibernate and live on their own fat.

cow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.