AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to say thanks to all of you that have posted your experience with the different products out there. It looks like I am in the market for a rp 82 and was wondering if anyone might have an idea where I could pick one up. I live in the Boston area.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Elbig,

Thanks for your reply I checked with them and nothing available till the 24th . I have read where they keep bumping the date so not sure if I want to wait that long and longer.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
elbig,

what is the GWII?

·
Registered
14 Posts
steverobertson - I have been searching for a RP82 myself and every

e-tailer is telling me either 4 to 6 weeks or the unit has been discontinued. I am still searching and I will post if I find someone with stock.

RAVEN56706 - GWII is Sony's Grand Wega 2 LCD Rear Projection TV.... search the RPTV section of the forum for tons of threads about this new TV from Sony. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI.... I ordered a RP82 from Datavision 2 weeks ago because that webpage told me that it was "In stock". However, I got a call from them late last week telling me that not only were they really "Out of stock" but Panasonic had informed them that the 82 was discontinued. The sales guy then tried to talk me into the 72... at this point, I declined and canceled my order. So, the search continues for me.

Rohn

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I just looked at crutchfield and they show them in stock. The price is a bit high, but if you're anxious to get one then who cares about $20. I'd call and verify what the website shows.

best and good luck (glad I didn't wait until the holidays to get my rp-82!),

jeff

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't in the market till the other day when my Sony died on me. I was told it would be over 100.00 to fix it so I decided that I can finally get my progressive scan one now without my wife yelling at me for wasting more money on equipment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Steve,

I just pulled the trigger on an 82 from Crutchfield. I called and they indeed have stock (just changed today). If you search other threads regarding discounts, you can get a referal and a mastercard discount applied when ordering online to reduce the price. Good luck...

Rohn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.